OT Illegal aliens doing home repairs

My favorite was a Jack-in-the-Box ad from years ago that said their burgers had TWO half-slices of tomato.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Maybe it had no bun and the meat was between the 2 halves!

Reply to
Bob_Villa

Lots of Canadians buy homes in Florida, Arizona and California and fly down there every winter if they can afford to. They're commonly called "snow birds" because they migrate south every winter like migrating birds do. I don't blame them. I've been to Houston, Las Vegas and Honolulu, and I'd love to have winters like they do in any of those places.

BUT, Houston struck me as a crazy place to live. I've never seen traffic like they have in Houston. I crossed a highway on foot from the hotel we were staying at to get to a gift shop to buy a post card to send home. By the time I picked one out and paid for it a coupla hours later, that highway was so busy with traffic that I was scared to cross it on foot; and I was a young healthy 23 year old at the time. I ended up asking to use the gift shop's phone so that I could call a taxi to take me back across that highway to the hotel! There were several lanes of cars going 70 miles per hour not more than 100 feet apart. It was the only time in my life that I ever saw traffic so fast and furious that crossing a highway was literally a life threatening proposition. I never saw traffic like that in either Las Vegas or Honolulu, or anytime since anywhere here in Canada.

I used to hear stories of people getting killed crossing highways, and I wondered how that could ever happen because the highway between Selkirk (the town I grew up in, and the only real highway I had any experience with) and Winnipeg was two lanes each way with a 60 mph speed limit and you could see a car coming a mile away, and they could see you. You just waited for the car to go by, and then crossed the highway. Simple. It wasn't until I was in Houston that I saw bumper-to-bumper highway traffic and that made it obvious that trying to get across that kind of traffic on a highway was extremely dangerous.

Reply to
nestork

Certainly not. The first is an exercise in redundancy. The latter is nonexistent. ;-)

...of course, ignorant gun grabbers.

I bet the MSM has a few "semi-automatic machine guns" in their stock footage.

Reply to
krw

Sigh is right.

The guy with the gun is as dumb as you. In fact, too stupid to bother arguing with.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Ok, reality check here.

I don't know what part of BumFuk Manitoba Nestork lives in, but 6 or even 12 lanes of traffic along the 401 in metro Toronto going 70 mph is normal, separated by maybe 20 feet and a concrete barrier. Once you get to rural 4-lane, grass median you've got maybe 50 ft separating the lanes.

You either forgot to include a smiley-face, or you don't get out much.

Here, look at this:

Home Guy

The M16A2 carried by U.S. Army soldiers will only fire a 3 round burst on full auto. The original M-16A1 would empty a magazine very quickly on full auto which had commanders telling their soldiers to keep it on semi auto to stop them from wasting ammo. I read that somewhere but I could ask my brother who was a Green Beret during The Vietnam War. I've never fired an M16 but I've fired the HK93 and HK91 semi auto rifles so I know I wouldn't want to be in front of any gun like that when it was fired. o_O

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas