OT Illegal aliens doing home repairs

Page 1 of 2
AP's ban on the term 'illegal immigrant' sparks fierce debate <http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-ap-bans-illegal-immigrant,0,3949819.story
Will this result in more illegals available in the HD or Lowes parking lot labor pools for home repairs?

Of course it will. You don't really believe the govt wants illegals out of this country, do you. The AP bowing to PC pressure is a perfect example. The fact they entered the country illegally means nothing when cheap labor is needed. Many large companies can't move offshore. Bingo! Illegals! But, let's diminish the impact on US worker psyches, the one's allegedly unwilling to work, by not using the term "illegal". We'll call them economically viable laborers, or EVs for short. Now, aren't we all happy again? You can now stand in that unemployment compensation line knowing you are not impugning the wholesome self image of a hard working EV! ;)
nb
VinnyB wrote:

Not here in Canada...
On 4/23/2013 7:58 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Canada's too cold. Who would want to live there?
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 7:34:02 AM UTC-5, Frank wrote:

Canada has some great people...but it does get cold! 75% of the population lives within 100 miles of their southern border.
On 4/23/2013 7:44 AM, Bob_Villa wrote:

All of the Canadians I've met and that I know personally are wonderful folks, it's too bad there are a few bad examples polluting this group. o_O
TDD
'The Daring Dufas[_8_ Wrote:

No, ALL Canadians are wonderful folks.
It's just that some of us have discovered that when you're polite, courteous and respectful to people, they think you're pi$$ poor and you want something from them.
--
nestork

On 4/23/2013 1:16 PM, nestork wrote:

Maybe not all but Canadians I worked with were great people. Nice, polite and certainly not poor. I recall visiting Canadian hotels with their indoor pools. Nice in cold weather. Better beer too.
My first trip to Las Vegas, many years ago, in January found it full of Canadians. Apparently the country empties out in the winter.
'Frank[_17_ Wrote:

Lots of Canadians buy homes in Florida, Arizona and California and fly down there every winter if they can afford to. They're commonly called "snow birds" because they migrate south every winter like migrating birds do. I don't blame them. I've been to Houston, Las Vegas and Honolulu, and I'd love to have winters like they do in any of those places.
BUT, Houston struck me as a crazy place to live. I've never seen traffic like they have in Houston. I crossed a highway on foot from the hotel we were staying at to get to a gift shop to buy a post card to send home. By the time I picked one out and paid for it a coupla hours later, that highway was so busy with traffic that I was scared to cross it on foot; and I was a young healthy 23 year old at the time. I ended up asking to use the gift shop's phone so that I could call a taxi to take me back across that highway to the hotel! There were several lanes of cars going 70 miles per hour not more than 100 feet apart. It was the only time in my life that I ever saw traffic so fast and furious that crossing a highway was literally a life threatening proposition. I never saw traffic like that in either Las Vegas or Honolulu, or anytime since anywhere here in Canada.
I used to hear stories of people getting killed crossing highways, and I wondered how that could ever happen because the highway between Selkirk (the town I grew up in, and the only real highway I had any experience with) and Winnipeg was two lanes each way with a 60 mph speed limit and you could see a car coming a mile away, and they could see you. You just waited for the car to go by, and then crossed the highway. Simple. It wasn't until I was in Houston that I saw bumper-to-bumper highway traffic and that made it obvious that trying to get across that kind of traffic on a highway was extremely dangerous.
--
nestork

nestork wrote:

Ok, reality check here.
I don't know what part of BumFuk Manitoba Nestork lives in, but 6 or even 12 lanes of traffic along the 401 in metro Toronto going 70 mph is normal, separated by maybe 20 feet and a concrete barrier. Once you get to rural 4-lane, grass median you've got maybe 50 ft separating the lanes.

You either forgot to include a smiley-face, or you don't get out much.
Here, look at this:
http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/traveller/compass/camera/camhome1.shtml
On 4/23/2013 12:16 PM, nestork wrote:

Like I wrote, all of the Canadians I've met and that I know personally are wonderful folks, it's too bad there are a few bad examples polluting this group. ^_^
TDD

No, not ALL Canadians are nice folks, most are but not ALL. Home Boi is just one example

Especially those "imported" from more tropical climates.

Me, me, me! (raises hand) ;)
I'm born n' bread in HOT California. The last Summer I lived there (5 yrs ago), I was moving furniture in 105 deg F! Exceeding 110 is not unheard of, though not a daily accurance like AZ. Anyway, I now live at 8K ft in the CO Rockies (currently snowing). Love it!! I love the snow! I love the cold! I may move further north as soon as I can afford a Canada Goose down parka. I love it!
nb
On Tuesday, April 23, 2013 1:40:34 AM UTC-7, VinnyB wrote:

3949819.story>

Does this mean that Cuban cigars, fully automatic machine guns and stolen c ars are no longer “illegal”?
On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 07:54:23 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

"Fully automatic machine guns" have never been ""illegal"".
On Tue, 23 Apr 2013 12:12:18 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in
doing home repairs:

Correct-o-mundo. You just need the proper A.T.F. permit.

Yer both fulla crap. There are plenty of states where that ATF permit is useless to yer avg civilian. These state laws effectively render a full auto weapon "illegal". If you don't believe it, go to any CA gun range and whip out a full auto AK47 and start blasting. You'll quickly discover precisely how many ways CA defines "illegal".
nb

Oh!? And of course you know precisely how to obtain this miracle registration.
If yer not an arms dealer or a film industry arms supplier, they are "illegal", illegal defined as: if yer caught with one, yer ass is grass! That's you and me and 99.9% of the rest of CA, nimrod. I'm sorry, but make-believe/fantasy technicalities do not count in real life.
nb

That doesn't mean CA allows you to possess one IN CA. Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but your info proves nothing. As far as the Feds are concerned pretty much all semi-auto so-called "assault" rifles are legal yet you can't own them in CA.