OT If only.

Page 1 of 2
If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Odt2NZxbtps
!

She should be charged with assault and battery. And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.
On 5/14/2012 12:30 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the road.

AS much of an ass as ANY protestor who blocks a road. Still, NOT an excuse for assault and battery.
harry wrote:

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.
The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog down, presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.
harry wrote:

No, there's still the deterrence factor.
In your example, the murderer may very well say to himself "Whew! I almost got executed! I better straighten up and do right!"
Of course he may very well think that if he got away with it once, he will escape punishment again!
It is said that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very fine. We'll get him eventually, no matter how many we have to execute.

Nothing important.
harry wrote:

The propensity to commit murder and mayhem is genetic. You killed off all your carriers - or shipped them to penal colonies - generations ago.
What's left are wimps.

Frankly, our cops arrest the squints every chance they get, it's the juries and the judges we elect that turn them loose. Plus, I shudder to think what the murder rate would be without what deterrence there is.

Well, considering that their numbers are on the rise in the UK, it appears that they have been importing some replacements, who are happily killing off the wimps.

What superficial ignorati like harry do is jump to conclusions based on the wrong premise. Since the premise is wrong, so are their conclusions
Attila.Iskander wrote:

Some great worthy once said "The penis is mightier than the sword," by which I think he meant they can breed faster than you can kill them (or ship them to a penal colony).
Oren wrote:

You remind me of a good idea: In my state (Texas), the prison system recently abandoned the "last meal" privilege. For like forever, the condemned person got to specify what he wanted to eat for his last meal, up to, I think, about $25. That is, somebody would gather the required food from outside sources (if necessary). The inmate could, for example, ask for KFC chicken, watermelon, Blue Bell ice cream, a cut of prime rib, or almost anything else, even if not normally provided by the prison kitchen.
No more.
So here's my idea: A website, possibly called "lastmeal.org" which would solicit donations to provide this now-missing last act of mercy and charity.
Of course there would be significant overhead, salaries and so forth...

Can they even give the condemned a meal before an IV?

Perhaps the ACLU should look into that.

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for sport. You think I'm kidding??
AJL wrote:

Same here, but before readers get the wrong impression, people are shot - in Phoenix and Houston - only when they deserve it. Usually.

This one did:
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/fd:-2-officers,-suspect-shot-in-phoenix

But not always:
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/phoenix-pd%3A-bicyclist-dies-after-being-shot-on-way-to-work
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Good-Samaritan-shot-while-trying-to-break-up-fight-148105245.html
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/north_phoenix/bicyclist-dropped-off,-shot-and-killed-in-phoenix -
AJL wrote:

http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/fd:-2-officers,-suspect-shot-in-phoenix
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/phoenix-pd%3A-bicyclist-dies-after-being-shot-on-way-to-work
http://www.azfamily.com/news/Good-Samaritan-shot-while-trying-to-break-up-fight-148105245.html
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/north_phoenix/bicyclist-dropped-off,-shot-and-killed-in-phoenix -
Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up...
Did anybody here read the words that were on the video?????
This must be in England where they still have fox hunts possibly illegally. The guy on the bike was a supporter of the hunts and the people in the car were some sort of monitors kind of like a neighborhood watch for fox hunts.
So the bike rider was purposely getting in their way.
I found this in 10 seconds.
http://www.brightonanimalaction.org/home/campaigns/hunting /

Emma Peel, is that you ! ! !
On 5/14/2012 9:46 AM, harryagain wrote: