OT If only.

If only she'd a had a six shooter, she'd a sorted him out good.

harryagain

She should be charged with assault and battery. And naturally the tape of her attack would be clear evidence against her.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

I'd say, good for her. The cyclist was an obvious ass for blocking the road.

Reply to
Frank

Did anybody here read the words that were on the video?????

This must be in England where they still have fox hunts possibly illegally. The guy on the bike was a supporter of the hunts and the people in the car were some sort of monitors kind of like a neighborhood watch for fox hunts.

So the bike rider was purposely getting in their way.

I found this in 10 seconds.

Cliff H

Emma Peel, is that you ! ! !

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

AS much of an ass as ANY protestor who blocks a road. Still, NOT an excuse for assault and battery.

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

He's lucky he's a Brit. In parts of my city (Phoenix) he would have been shot. In fact they shoot bicyclists occasionally just for sport. You think I'm kidding??

Reply to
AJL

She needs a good shagging!

Reply to
gonjah

Same here, but before readers get the wrong impression, people are shot - in Phoenix and Houston - only when they deserve it. Usually.

Reply to
HeyBub

This one did:

But not always:

AJL

Lol.. I would not be as accommodating as the woman driving the much bigger machine.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Well, I, uh, don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up...

Reply to
HeyBub

Sure it does. Those who are executed don't kill anyone else.

The whole thing is kind of like "biting dog" rules. You put the dog down, presto, no more biting. At least from THAT dog.

Reply to
HeyBub

No, there's still the deterrence factor.

In your example, the murderer may very well say to himself "Whew! I almost got executed! I better straighten up and do right!"

Of course he may very well think that if he got away with it once, he will escape punishment again!

It is said that the wheels of justice grind slowly, but they grind very fine. We'll get him eventually, no matter how many we have to execute.

Reply to
HeyBub

Nothing important.

Reply to
krw

The propensity to commit murder and mayhem is genetic. You killed off all your carriers - or shipped them to penal colonies - generations ago.

What's left are wimps.

Frankly, our cops arrest the squints every chance they get, it's the juries and the judges we elect that turn them loose. Plus, I shudder to think what the murder rate would be without what deterrence there is.

Reply to
HeyBub

You remind me of a good idea: In my state (Texas), the prison system recently abandoned the "last meal" privilege. For like forever, the condemned person got to specify what he wanted to eat for his last meal, up to, I think, about $25. That is, somebody would gather the required food from outside sources (if necessary). The inmate could, for example, ask for KFC chicken, watermelon, Blue Bell ice cream, a cut of prime rib, or almost anything else, even if not normally provided by the prison kitchen.

No more.

So here's my idea: A website, possibly called "lastmeal.org" which would solicit donations to provide this now-missing last act of mercy and charity.

Of course there would be significant overhead, salaries and so forth...

Reply to
HeyBub

I am a cyclist but it is guys like him that damage our image. But I would have felt better about this if I had heard the folks in the car at least honk.

I say good for her! and BTW, I doubt if he was deaf. At the last moment he did look to the side to see here coming. I suspect she was vocal on her approach.

Also BTW - Why as this turkey been singled out as a "Hunt" supporter. He is a turkey and hunting has nothing to do with it.

RonB

Reply to
RonB

Can they even give the condemned a meal before an IV?

Reply to
krw

Perhaps the ACLU should look into that.

Reply to