OT: "If Fred Got Two Beatings Per Day..."

Page 2 of 3
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Uh, I don't think there were any Christian Prophets, save the Book of Revelation. But that Book is so wacky, it's contents could mean almost anything.

Any prayer, anywhere, does someone good...not necessarily the one who's praying!
I wonder sometimes. If I kneel in front of the bed, or at the wrong angle on the side. Will some elderly woman in Kansas City MO get a wicked head rush, which is the prayer I meant for someone in the next town over from me?
Any prayer, anywhere, does someone good...not necessarily the one who's praying!
Stormin Mormon wrote:

If you face toward Mecca, you should be okay.

How would you know where Paul McCartney is at any given time?
-C-
Top posters are closer to God.
He EVEN listens to "top posters"!
You got me. I bow to your greatness. So, so, so right.
Wasn't there a Youtube about the people of Walmart?

Yes, of course. Along with a healthy dose of humor. Don't believe me, just go visit Walmart.
On 1/12/12 3:48 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

that became a whole website of its own
http://www.peopleofwalmart.com /

I don't "look down" on the theists. Just get a good laugh at their antics. They want to put their beliefs out there, they should expect some rebuttals.
Harry K
Oren wrote:

I always liked:
"Lord our Father, our young patriots, idols of our hearts, go forth into battle -- be Thou near them! With them -- in spirit -- we also go forth from the sweet peace of our beloved firesides to smite the foe. O Lord our God, help us tear their soldiers to bloody shreds with our shells; help us to cover their smiling fields with the pale forms of their patriot dead; help us to drown the thunder of the guns with the shrieks of their wounded, writhing in pain; help us to lay waste their humble homes with a hurricane of fire; help us to wring the hearts of their unoffending widows with unavailing grief; help us to turn them out roofless with their little children to wander unfriended in the wastes of their desolated land in rags and hunger and thirst, sports of the sun flames in summer and the icy winds of winter, broken in spirit, worn with travail, imploring thee for the refuge of the grave and denied it --
"For our sakes who adore Thee, Lord, blast their hopes, blight their lives, protract their bitter pilgrimmage, make heavy their steps, water their way with their tears, stain the white snow with the blood of their wounded feet! "
Amen.
On 1/12/2012 6:44 AM, HeyBub wrote:

Sweet! Is that a children's bedtime story?
Harry K wrote:

There's plenty of evidence. For example, there were 200,000 eye-witnesses to the manifestation of God at Sinai. Plus women, children, slaves, and assorted domestic animals. Following that, there was an unbroken oral transmission of the event from generation to generation until it was finally written down.
As such, that event has as much validity as a report in the New York Times!
No, wait...
Never mind.

LOL, exactly!
Harry K
Oren wrote:

No, it's the "War Prayer" by Mark Twain.

Now how did I miss that? I am a great fan of his and somehow didn't recognize the quote.
Harry K

It's obvious...God is pulling your chain! ;^)
Harry K wrote:

Well, it does have the word "prayer" in the title.

There is no salvation for top posters.

Bottom posters are going to the bottom / down.

There is no salvation for top posters.

The Jews have done at least a few things right. I'm glad he was interested in their history and teachings. Yes, I've heard this in lessons, that he studies the Jews extensively.
Joseph Smith was fascinated by Judiasm, so much so he learned to read Hebrew. He sent one of his saints to Israel to bless the Mount of Olives and his respect and love for the people Israel permeated his practices. Some even believe he had Jewish ancestors.