OT: Idiot Sightings

Page 2 of 2

Nothing like that has ever happened to me in the UK. If all these things happened to you, Americans are indeed extremely stupid.
OR
Your are an attention seeking liar.
I think I tend to the latter theory.

then that obviously makes you statistically superior

ah, you've just proved that your first statement above was a lie
On 7/25/2012 1:35 AM, harryagain wrote:

I actually had this happen to me at a sandwich shop. The clerk had a British accent. LOL!
harryagain wrote:

Actually Mamonides dealt with this exact same question in the 15th century. He was asked: "You have said that the Holy One, blessed be his name, created man so that man may form profound rational thoughts. Why is it, then, that we see so many who are incapable of forming profound rational thoughts? There is scarcely one scholar in a generation."
The Rambam answered thusly (paraphrasing):
"Those who cannot form profound rational thoughts are many indeed. The Creator, blessed be His name, created those of lesser intellect for several reasons. First, without them the scholar would have to master the skills of planting, reaping, and cooking, plus the making of tools for these endeavors. These activities would take time away from the scholar's profound thoughts, just to make his daily bread. Therefore, those of intellect lesser than the scholar were created to serve the scholar.
"A second reason is a consequence of your observation that scholars are extremely rare; Those capably of only modest thoughts were created so the scholar would not be lonely."

He's just copy/pasting a thing that has been circulating on the 'net' for years. I saw tht list at least 10 years ago.
Harry K

were there any dates in what I posted? do the quotes being 10 years old change the veracity of the info?

that's what I was asking

Given that we have 300 million people and given that a lot of them really are idiots, at least some of them are probably very true.

I was just asking if there is any verification that anything in the original post was false
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

<snipped>
Loved 'em Mal. Thanks for brightening my day!
Jeff
PS Didja hear the one about the blonde who upon hearing someone say, "Christmas is on Friday this year", replied, "Gosh, I hope it's not the 13th".
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

If he asked for Euros, she could have given him physically larger bills.
Blind or sight problemed people in the US have a big disadvantage with paper money, Euro much easier to sort by size.
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds wrote:

LOL .. ROAR!

Exccept when they can't manage to get a photo-ID.....
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
On 7/27/2012 7:16 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

That's "racist". ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I can visualize a collective eye roll. <g>
Count me in, as an eye roller.

I can visualize a collective eye roll. <g>
On 7/27/2012 8:24 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Sometimes my inhibition circuit fails. ^_^
TDD
On 7/27/2012 8:13 PM, G. Morgan wrote:

I couldn't help it, sorry. ^_^
TDD