OT: Idiot Sightings

Given that we have 300 million people and given that a lot of them really are idiots, at least some of them are probably very true.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

To be fair, their customers are often just as bad, or much worse (yesterday one was assaulting them but left before the police showed up (they had just pulled his CCW for going off the deep end).

Reply to
krw

I presented a $800 check (my monthly cash draw) to a new teller. Asked for it in "hundreds and fifties".

Teller: We don't have any.

Me: But you're a bank.

I took it all in 20s. Next month she apparently had found some and has had no problem ever since.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

Might be, but she may not have had any left in he drawer. They're only allowed to keep so much cash at their station (and get in deep water if there's a robbery and they're heavy). If it's busy they can often run out of big bills.

Reply to
krw

Right! Next time ask for the vault teller. The one you had was just too lazy to do the paperwork.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Drahn

I was just asking if there is any verification that anything in the original post was false

Reply to
Malcom "Mal" Reynolds

...or couldn't (insufficient coverage) close down her station to buy the bills from the vault.

Reply to
krw

Small county bank, 2 tellers, one customer rep and everybody does everything...actually that teller is the main teller/vault person/ drive up window...etc.

Oddly every subsequent time she goes over and gets the bills from something near the drive up window. I suspect is was one of her first days on the job and was still learing.

Harry K

Reply to
Harry K

DerbyDad03

Common. Even more reason that she can't always get to the vault. If anyone's missing (lunch, etc.) she hasn't got anyone to cover.

Shy's buying it from another drawer (for the drive up?).

Could be but "still learning" isn't a reason not to have big bills.

Reply to
krw

LOL .. ROAR!

Reply to
G. Morgan

haha

Reply to
G. Morgan

Ain't technology grand?

My (new) pharmacist has a machine that counts pills. I watched the tech get a bottle off the shelf, pour some in the machine about the size of a desktop printer, and push a button. Bingo. Now not even druggists have to make change.

Reply to
HeyBub

G. Morgan wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@Osama-is-dead.net:

Exccept when they can't manage to get a photo-ID.....

Reply to
Jim Yanik

That's "racist". ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I can visualize a collective eye roll.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Count me in, as an eye roller.

.

I can visualize a collective eye roll.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I couldn't help it, sorry. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Sometimes my inhibition circuit fails. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas