OT Idiot lights-out drivers

Page 10 of 16

So why didn't you do it?
--
Smith & Wesson -- the original point and click interface.

Add pictures here
βœ–

What a load of bullshit. Toothache usually goes untreated for weeks until someone can be bothered enduring a dentist.

I have plenty of experience of it.
--
Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/14/2016 3:04 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

paracetamol¬etaminophen
As long as you're not allergic to ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil, etc.) or naproxen sodium (Aleve), it's best to avoid paracetamol/acetaminophen (Tylenol, etc.). It's especially useless for toothaches since it does not reduce inflammation.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Wrong. Paracetamol simply works in a different way to remove pain. Some headaches or other pains go away with paracetamol, some with ibuprofen, it depends if it's caused by swelling or not. I just take both at once, that kills any pain in 5-10 minutes and lasts for hours.
--
I wouldn't need to manage my anger if people could learn to manage their stupidity.

Add pictures here
βœ–

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paracetamol "Paracetamol, also known as acetaminophen or APAP, is a medication used to treat pain and fever."
Same active ingredient as Tylenol.

It was silly of me to think I couldn't find a 24 hour dentist in Baltimore, or cities much smaller. It's just that unlike the last time, these days, no dentist will pay for a listing in the phone book that says this, because a) phone books are out b) dentists who do this change all the time, so now there are services.
There are at least 3 listed for Baltimore, with 800 numbers

Add pictures here
βœ–

Then take Ibuprofen at the same time. Toothache isn't any worse than say a headache.

It's hardly suffering. I don't see a doctor every time I get a headache.
--
We used to mock the Americans' litigiousness, political correctness, health & safety obsessions and the like.
Now Britain is full of lazy lard buckets who'll sue for everything they can get if they even stub their toe on something.

So people who use the emergency/hand/parking brake at junctions will make their lights go on and off, that's really stupid.
--
Peter is listening to "Aerosmith - Living on the edge"

Add pictures here
βœ–
On 02/12/2016 04:33 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It does have its drawbacks. My Toyota with DRL's did that and it was a manual transmission. When I come home at night I stop at the cluster mailbox to get the mail. If it's dusk or full dark, I sort through my keys in front of the headlight. With that feature, I'd shift into neutral, put the handbrake on, and my light source would go off.
Add pictures here
βœ–

No it would not. The headlights stay on. Only the DRL goes out with the parking brake on. DR:s are not headlights. In MOST cases they use the headlight bulb but run at roughly half output. Some (like Chrysler Minivans) use the side marker (AKA parking) lamps
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 02/12/2016 09:22 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sure, if the headlights are turned on. At dusk mine aren't.
Add pictures here
βœ–

If anything the headlights on our Taurus come on earlier than required, rather than later.
Add pictures here
βœ–

That's because the average eyesight of the human race is fading. Everyone thinks you need lights to see objects in broad daylight.
--
A lawyer is an expert on justice in much the same way your average hooker is an expert on love.

Add pictures here
βœ–

He said "if it's dusk or full dark", so he was including a time of day when it's too early to need lights, and he'd just have the DRLs on.
--
Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia - The fear of long words.

Add pictures here
βœ–

I always switch off the engine in a manual when I get out even for a few seconds. It's easier than making sure it's in nuetral and the handbrake is on. It's second nature to slip it into gear, switch off the engine, and apply the handbrake, I do it without having to think about it. If I try to do what you do, I end up leaving it in gear and it lurches forwards, or it's on a hill and the handbrake won't hold it by itself.
--
Aisle oven ice bitters are chasm!

Add pictures here
βœ–

Apparently not as stupid as you.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Says the person who doesn't know the difference between her name and her email address.
--
How many potheads does it take to change a light bulb?
Two. One to hold the bulb against the socket, and the other to smoke up until the room starts spinning.

Her???
I'm all male - and my email address is my email address, not my name.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Most Clares are female.

You put your email address in the From field. Most people put their name there.
--
Old Lady - "What is that funny looking thing over there?"
Zoo Keeper - "That's a kangaroo, madam. a native of Australia,"

Around hear most Claires are female. Clare is the short form for Clarence. I know MANY Clares - and virtually ALL of them are male.

Add pictures here
βœ–

Clarence is a very old male name, and I've never heard anyone shorten it to Clare, it would sound female.
You've got it backwards anyway: "Clare is a given name, the Medieval English form of Clara.[1] The related name Clair was traditionally considered male, especially when spelled without an 'e',[2] but Clare and Claire are usually female." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clare_ (given_name)
--
Watching his date from the corner of his eye while he poured her a drink, the young bachelor said, "Say when."
She replied, "Right after that drink."