OT: Ice doesn't get the respect it deserves

Page 4 of 4

<SNIP previously quoted material>

It does not. The thermal expansion coefficients are easy enough to get.
Meanwhile, type metal also expands as it freezes. Like water, its thermal expansion coefficient is positive when solid.

On 2/18/2011 12:30 AM Robert Green spake thus:

Ah, the Thresher disaster: I still remember that fairly vividly. It was one of the few news stories of the time that actually gave me nightmares for a while (and I vaguely remember some associated discomfort from watching "Sea Hunt" around the same time): the "watery grave" and all.
--
The phrase "jump the shark" itself jumped the shark about a decade ago.

- Usenet

She may haave watched the Myth Busters episode where they demonstrated the technique. Comes out nice and shiny.
Harry K