OT I probably can't do that

Page 2 of 2
On 10/4/2015 9:37 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

My experience was very similar to yours. Did you have any issues with food after your surgery? It took my body a couple of years to adjust, and occasionally I still have problems.
--
Maggie

a humant go more than 2 or 3 days tops without water..
but food? the aveage american can go for at least a couple months without eating, but they wouldnt enjoy it.
a morbidly obese can survive for many months without food
On 10/04/2015 09:46 AM, Muggles wrote:
[snip]

IIRC, the only food problem I had was the need to limit grease for a few weeks.
--
82 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On 10/02/2015 12:30 AM, micky wrote:
[snip]

I had that before an abdominal CT. A gallon of liquid that looked like milk until I started drinking it.
--
84 days until the winter celebration (Friday December 25, 2015 12:00:00
AM for 1 day).
On 10/2/2015 11:58 AM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

I had a gallon bad IV a few times! LOL
--
Maggie

On 10/3/2015 10:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

oops! typo .. thats "gallon baG" IV.
--
Maggie

In alt.home.repair, on Thu, 1 Oct 2015 23:19:16 -0700 (PDT), Uncle

I hear the throat is a lot worse than the rectum, which was nothing.

As to fasting, I have no trouble. On a couple occasions I've gone 18 or 20 hours without eating or drinking even when there was no reason to do so. I was at home and just didn't want anthing.
I have to take a pill once a week now, to help replace bone calcium I lost in the preceding few years, with a full glass of water, after not eating for a while (all night?) and 30 minutes before eating, or drinking anything other than water, or lying down. Lying down would let the stuff come back up and damage my throat.
The first few weeks it was okay, but starting in July, I was back to normal and I can barely manage to drink anything first thing in the morning. Even after urinating. Sometimes I pour water in my mouth and it spills out. But when not thirsty, it is easier to drink from a bottle than a water fountain.
I only have 3 more months to go maybe, and I can stop taking this pill.
In alt.home.repair, on Sat, 3 Oct 2015 08:21:27 -0700 (PDT), Uncle

I'd better check with the doctor.
Wait, no, I'm sure I that's not what he meant.

Wow.

I coudln't go two weeks. Maybe 28 hours if I had to.

On 10/3/2015 8:30 PM, micky wrote:

I've gone nearly 7 weeks without being able to eat anything, but not sure it's a fair comparison because they hooked me up to IV's off and on when that happened. Sometimes, when I get sick (different illnesses) I've gone long periods of time w/o being able to eat anything. It's happened maybe 3 times like that, the most recent one was last year, but it ended up being more than 7 weeks off and on.
--
Maggie

Man, you need to get back on your Alzheimer's meds or get a stronger prescription.