OT "I laid off my son, today"

And, you want to blame who? Just Franks? The fact remains, there wasn't a problem until this passed.

And the fact remains it wasn;t remotely only a GOP thing. This was a great and glorious thing for both Parties as can be shown by the near unanimous votes. Now, you, or the Dems, can not use this to tar Bush with.

Actually, I prematurely agreed with you Franks voted for it. Mistake on my part, he did _ not_ vote for it.
Bush signed it, Republicans ruled both houses.

Since the vote was passed without objection and there was no recorded vote, you know that how? If he had objected, under House rules, they would have then taken an actual vote. The no recorded vote was the reason that I was interested in the committee votes to see how he voted there. Did you have any luck finding those.

You're asking me how, and yet _you_ claim he voted for it. LOL, it isn't luck. Hint: Try Google Books.
Let's take the hypothetical road for which you want to walk. _If_ Franks did vote for it, you want Bush off the hook. So, you must be willing to let any Democratic POTUS off the hook, if one Republican voted their way. Is this really the road you want to travel? I didn't think so!
Democrats do things I don't exactly agree with, but we'll save those for the political forums. Think the Home Repair readers are about fed up with our nonsense.

I said the vote was by acclimation in the House. He did not vote against since no one did. I also stated originally, since lost, that I was interested in knowing how he voted in the Committee since that was where a vote would have been recorded.

I don';t want Bush off the hook. I just want the Dems to take their share of the blame. They went along with it wholeheartedly thinking it was a good thing because they did not object to the votes by acclamation in both Houses. It is disingenuous at best to suggest that this was anything other than a bipartisan cluster****, assuming it really is the source of all Evil.

We'll have to agree that you are completely and utterly wrong... er I mean agree to disagree (G&D&R).

You mean the one that was passedby voice vote by both the House and Senate? Hard to put that one solely on Mr. Bush when everybody agreed to it.

Who said anything about putting it "solely on Mr. Bush?" Since you mentioned Bush, he is the only one who signed it into law. And, which party was the majority in both Houses?
Exactly what part of the previous administration don't you understand? I will try to explain it in more simpler terms.
Tell us again who controlled everything then?
So what if Franks voted for it, that's ONE vote. Good grief you people get sillier by the minute.
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 14:19:14 +0000 (UTC), "A. Baum"

You'd rather have skyrocketing unemployment, no health care, no auto makers, and no banks - all in 6 months????????? And still have the trade deficits and unfathomable debt (to China)??
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote: e deficits. All in two years.

We still have no healthcare, the automakers are still on shaky ground (GM paid back the much of the first loan, much of the second converted to stock that they will never have to pay off, just the government sell if it can, while the banks are still there but not lending anything of any real interest--although in fairness that is mostly the independent Fed's concern). In fact, healthcare is probably the single drag on the economy now because nobody knows for sure what that is going to look like because so much is being written as regulation. Healthcare is part of the cost associated with employment, as long as no one can know for sure what that employee is going to cost them, they are only going to hire a few people.
On 10/27/2010 6:35 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

Perhaps the stock market sucked in all of the monies that banks once had to lend and grant interest on....could 401k's be the real drag on the economy? They sure made everyone begin to vote as if they were corporate board members and made poverty a crime. 401k's came about at the same time Reagan began dismantling unions and job-based benefits. Rent-a-temp might work well for members of Congress. :o)

How much did you give to charity?
HB
You should know-- Dems don't give to charity. Republicans do.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Why would I know? I'm an Independent.
And how do YOU know?
I DO know that (the hard core) Republicans have their own set of charities, conveniently located at one address on Wall Street
HB

You're going to need all that money to pay for Obamacare. Millions of welfare people are relying on you.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Is there anything in the constitution about the Fed regulating any business? Yet, it seems so necessary in more than a few cases.
Country

Is there anything in the constitution about the Fed regulating any business? Yet, it seems so necessary in more than a few cases.
Country
Reply:
I seem vaguely to recall all sorts of things in the Constitution, like the federal government staying out of each state's business, and lots of other things, but case after case has been decided by the Supreme Court that overrides them, and now almost every state has handed its steering wheel to the feds. Or, as on some cases, had it ripped from their hands. You CAN do this, you CAN'T do that. We're in charge of THAT now, because you, as a mere state, are way too stupid to understand these things that we here in Oz can.
Well, I may be stupid on some issues, not as educated as some here, but I can plainly see that our Constitution is now in the dumpster, and the only thing that is visible are a few of the edges hanging out, which I am sure the resident tyrants will stuff ASAP, right after they stuff their own pockets with whatever's left of the money they have stolen from us. And it's been from legislation created by Congress that the SCOTUS rubber stamped. I have been a lifelong registered Libertarian, believing that the US government has very limited powers as outlined by the Constitution, and that these shyster lawyer slimeballs and politicians have changed all that over the years. Still, I cling to my original ideology, knowing that I have to still go along with the current rules although I may not agree with them one iota.
Oh, wait. I made that comment before, and was called stupid.
Never mind.
Steve

I wouldn't call you stupid and that was a pretty good rant but it's about 6 years or so too late.

"He was a lazy SOB."