OT "I laid off my son, today"

Page 6 of 8

In this country, we read from the top down.
On 10/27/2010 9:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Really? The Dems arrived just in time to pronouce it dead and attempt to resuscitate....Bush left a pile of poo for the next admin. to clean up.

And they rushed right in and spend hundreds of billions of dollars to do it. But so far, not one speck of dust has been moved, not even the ones surrounding the bare spots on the floor where pallets of money used to be .................
Steve
On 10/26/2010 8:38 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I want to like you, then you say the dumbest and most offensive things. Why?
The financial system was in free fall when Obama came in. GE, with a AAA rating was unable to finance it's operation that is how bad it was. Job losses were 600K + a month.
Now, if you want to talk about jobs, just how many were added during W's 8 years, not many. In fact he came within a few thousand of having a net loss his first term and overall the figure is under $19K/month. Pathetic considering population growth needs 150K to 200K month. Do a little looking into exactly what the unemployment rate is and how it is measured and you'll see it is a figure with little meaning.
The savings rate for almost all of the W tenure was negative. The housing market was artificially inflated by lax policies and no oversite over lending. All this has to be corrected and it will take a long time. Financial meltdowns like this always lead to long recoveries. You have no knowledge of history of you don't know that.
Frankly I am satisfied with Obama. The government is doing it's job again. At the end of W almost every department was leaderless through the top several layers and functionally broken. This has largely been repaired although Repubs have held up many many appointments.
Here's the way I see the Republicans. They want to break government, but they still need the services. In fact red states suck more from the government nipple than blue. And the answer to every problem is a tax cut. The same party that tripled the deficit under W and sneered at Clinton when he balanced the budget now whine about spending in the middle of a recession. What group do such policies help, there is only one and that is short term and it is the millionaires.
There are only two kinds of Republicans, Millionaires and fools. Which do you fall in?
Jeff

Somehow in a society where you live, Utah, a man having to lay off his own son is a sign of terrible times ahead. In an area of the country where employers stack their roles with employees, some of which do absolutely nothing, it is scary that they would let one of their own go. I guess he chose his son over his Mom, Dad, and wives, and just had to cut someone. In most areas, they cut an unproductive worker.
Steve http://www.exmormon.org/
On Wed, 27 Oct 2010 08:40:13 -0700, "Steve B"

som may very well have been the ONLY employee.
Ever think of that??? We are not talking big business here, that could support "featherbedding" the kid, even in good times.

And the son very well could BE the PROBLEM of no business. Ever think of that?

But I've seen business just so slow it's hard to keep the doors open, even at a decent shop. The kid could well be better off on Pogey.
On 10/27/2010 6:24 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Or....the biz was truly "mom and pop", NEEDED no employees and mom and pop only hired a sorry loser so he would have a paycheck that nobody else wished to give him :o)

Jeff Thies wrote:

Yep. Toward the end of the Bush administration, not many jobs were added.
Well, yeah, it's kinda hard to ADD jobs when everybody who wants one is working! Remember, under Bush, unemployment was down around the 4% level. Classically, unemployment below 6% is called "full employment."

Agreed.
There's at least one other group - far, far larger than either of the two you mention. That group consistis of people who aspire to be millionaires.
-snip-

Every once in a while I think you actually believe this crap. Look at the chart on this page that goes from Jan 2008 to April 2010.
Jim

Sorry about that, chief-- how about a link- http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2010_05/023691.php

On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 20:38:06 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Skyrocketing unemployment. Government takeover of health, auto and banking. Unfathomable debit and trade deficits. All in two years.

Seem republicans suffer from long term memory loss about three years and Dems from Short term about two years.
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
http://www.informationisbeautiful.net/play/snake-oil-supplements /

Nobody wants to blame Bwany Fwank?
I see his attorneys have jumped ship and he will be representing himself, soon - a fool for a client.
Anyone notice financial reform left out Fannie and Freddie?

I see you listen to hate radio. Why do you type like a child, does hate radio teach you that, or did you learn on your own?
By Fannie & Freddie, you mean the American Dream Down Payment Act of 2003? The previous administration pushed the envelope with their brainstorm. It was working rather well, until American Dream Down Payment Act of 2003. Tell us again who controlled everything then.

What I mean?
" Frank stated, "These two entities...are not facing any kind of financial crisis.... "
Now I did make a lot of money on paper. But I got out before the bubble broke. Took my many and run as fast as I could.
That Barney? The same one that opposed accounting scandals? Yep that was him.

You just proved my point, and didn't even realize it.
Frank said that in Sept of 2003. Kathy Harris was the credited by Bush for being the architect of the American Dream Down Payment in Dec 2003.
As I said, everything was chugging along just fine, until the previous administration pushed the envelope with the Act of Dec 2003.
Those are facts. Put the blame at the feet of the party responsible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSDnGMzIdo

It was 109th Congress (Republican majority) , when the bill was introduced. It then went to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on Jul 28, 2005.
Republicans were the majority in the committee by 2 members. It was Republican Santorum which proposed the amendments.
The bill was killed technically by Republicans. It is now bill S1100. Which was read twice and referred to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs on Apr 12, 2007:
Meanwhile. Democrats sponsored H.R. 1427. It has gone through the steps, and awaiting voting in the Senate. Introduced March 9, 2007 , Scheduled for Debate March 29, 2007, Amendments, and passed the House.
Bill is now dead.
Of course it was Bush, along with McCain who wanted this deregulation to begin with. Bush took credit for it in 2003.

Yet Franks apparently voted for it.

unanimous and unrecorded, this vote is usually interesting.