OT "I laid off my son, today"

Page 2 of 8
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c197/ancientangler/RepublicanHypocrites.jpg?t 88320974 I don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program becuase of a single slip-up.
On 10/26/2010 8:04 PM, JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

Well i'd start off with a birth certificate. I don't need to go any farther.
--
Steve Barker

No sentient adult still has issues with his birth certificate.
Pay close attention to the qualifier: SENTIENT. Look it up. Then, go back to your nap.

Check this out...http://www.marketwatch.com/story/reagan-insider-gop - destroyed-us-economy-2010-08-10?pagenumber=2
On 10/26/10 9:14 PM, Bob Villa wrote:

Thanks.
"We're the party that wants to see an America in which people can still get rich." Ronald Reagan, May 4, 1982
On 10/27/2010 7:09 AM, J Burns wrote:

Yeah, I remember the Reagan years. My car loan was 12%. I know *somebody* got rich.
Jay

14.5%, which I refinanced down to 8%. Those rates (and inflation) dropped because of Reagan's policies. Too bad he couldn't get the Demonicrat's to cut spending.

Remember the misery index under Carter-- credit card interest at 20% or such?
He was elected by the southern states, because, well, it had been a long time since a Southerner became POTUS.

Yep, and "stagflation". We're in for another round, too.

Johnson?

Carter was elected by that time's teaparty. The teaparty of today picks candidates that are even worse. But I guess as long as the talk a good game and gang up on liberal women and step on her head...
Country wrote:

Carter was elected as a moral rebuke to Nixon.
As for stepping on a liberal woman's head, no one wants to touch that stuff with their hands.

I guess they thought they were being real Men by ganging up on a smaller woman because they didn't like her view. Real Americans, too, eh?

Another business owner, who has no business being in business.
Who's fault is this? Wait for it............... The Democrats!
Stormin - if you're not on meds, it's about time you get on them.

Jack and Jill worked at the mill until the work did slack off. I can't decide, the manager cried whether to lay Jill or Jack off!
--
Tegger

On Oct 26, 8:38pm, "Stormin Mormon"

Most people will ignore your bait. Some will rise to it and agree with you and point out how wonderful the Republican party is. Others will disagree and point out how horrible the Republican party is. I am leaving your bait untouched, and will ask you a question instead.
As a, presumably, man of Jesus, what did you do to help out those unfortunate people? Did you offer to try to help the son? Point him in the direction of some work, ask if he had any other marketable skills, offer to hire him for even a few hours of paid work? Did you tell the father something to soothe his soul and offer him hope? Or did you decide that bitching and moaning on Usenet to further your political views would cover all of your bases and get you into heaven that much sooner?
Problems are never solved by dividing people. Even in war, unless there is overwhelming military superiority, AND the other side doesn't really care if they win or lose, things are decided and solved by people coming together.
We are not at war, we are one people with problems that need to be solved. Neither side has overwhelming superiority of any sort. No need to answer my question if you did anything for the laid off son - I already know the answer.
RicodJour wrote:

Hmm. Did the son vote for the current administration? If so, he got what he wanted. Further, his vote adversely affected me, so my bag of Christian charity is, um, down to lumps of coal.

In war, things are decided by vanquishing the foe, not negotiation. The Allies put Germany and Japan back to the Stone Age, and now they are our fast friends. The conflicts between North & South Korea, the Jews and the Arabs, Greece and Turkey, and almost all the rest that have been "settled" by "cease fires" and "truce" are not really settled at all.

I agree. We are of one mind on the problems, we differ on the solution.

Agreed. Although one prognosticator opines that, if the full Senate were up for a vote, Republicans would be at better than a 60-seat majority with a good chance of override-veto level (67 seats). http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2010/10/full-senate-grabs-gop-win-filibusterproof-majority-polls-show /
wrote Re Re: OT "I laid off my son, today":

Well said.

Reassured them it wasn't their fault. -----
- gpsman
Thanks. I'm glad you already know. It would have taken at least 20 seconds to type the answer.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

And it ain't over yet.Won't be for several more years, regardless who's running the asylum.