OT: I hope you can help me with this

It won't need waxing by then. It would need a new paint.

This will be my first time. When I bought the car, I was given a slae pitch for Perma Plate that would protect the paint if there are bird dropping, etc.

The dealer offered 7 year warranty and reduced the price and so I took it, only to be told when they handed out the bottle when I picked up the car, that I was supposed to follow up by applying it every 6 mons.

Can you believe they wanted $700. I didn't show any interest - I knew places where I coudl egt it waxed - and so they came down to $260, which was still a rip off but I thought for 7 years warranty, it wasn't a bad invetment since it woudl save me trips to car detail places where I woudl have to sit and wait. That was Aug 2005. Since then I have grown up quite a bit and I have become mean sometimes by necessity :)

Withing a week afgter I got the car, the debris form a truck came flying to my frong when this idiot guy cut in front of me, changing the lane. It turned oput that they were dirt formed into little rocks. They broke apart upon hitting my car and the damage was not ntoicebale. I think that wax helped prevented scratched.

Soon afetr that, there was bird dropping, a bunch of them, at a grocery store where I never get any.

I am not doing to make it look good. I do it for preventive maintence of the paint.

I am the last person who cares about how a car look as long as it is function well but most of the world judges you based on how your car looks. I don't even care about that. I am just for maintenance though it's been more than 12 mons since I bought the car. I was supposed to do the first follow up in six mons. After this, I'll probably do once sometime next year, if I do it at all.

Reply to
Amanda

So you are spying one me again? Dont't you have a life either? Then hook up with Frank.

I didn't say "anyone" and I said it in rec.food.cooking because *that guy w/ no life and obseessed with me* came looking for me in rec.food.cooking and sci.chem. And I didn't think anyone would be low enough to bring that news to another group like you are doing now. You probably wants that guy to find me. Is that your goal?

There I was nice enough to answer your question to "why were you answering to yourself" by assuming that the "mm" here was me, by explaning to you why I used "mm' in rec.food.cooking. But you are like a typical traitor, coming here complaingin about my use of "mm" there and not here, not to mention twisting my explanation. Or did you just have comprehension problem? English is your first langauge, sisn't it? And your only langauge? Then you should be netter in that one langaueg you know, don't you?

BTW, I also explained to you that when I started in this ng, I failed to make my username to mm. For Pete's sake, I was in a hurry to get my dispoal problem solved. Then I saw another person with username "mm" already. So why should I chnage it? And what's with you? Are you jealous of me? Nothing new. I have had that from women all my life.

It amazes me to learn how many people have such small life that they have time to spy on others and find faults, like you do. I feel for you gumbo, ah, goomba. But, I am not a regular here nor any non comp group for that matter. I'll save you time by telling you that I don't use this account for my comp groups. So , pick another one to bother, okey... gumbo?

Gosh, what a waste of time! Here is my new rule. From now on, I will ignore anyone who talks to me like a retard.

Reply to
Amanda

Why are you curious is what you should ask yourself? If you don't know, here is my observation. You need to get a life, instead of fixated with me.

I publicly said in rec.food.cooking, not in all the groups I post. So anyone to go read my posts in another group is "spying".

Is that your wish? For people here to consider me a troll? Let them have their view; it's not up to you to impose.

I didn't claim to be in computers. I said I was in "programming in Java". I didn't claim to be an expert in computer hardware, computer networking, computer security, nor even any computer programming language. Again, don;t go lookign for me there. You won't find me with this account even if you check all java forums.

Spying is when someone follows another perosn and attack the perosn like you did me in rec.food.cooking You should the emaning of words in your first language better then you do.

Try to understand that you are too far below average intelligence for me to bother communicating with you any further. No offense. I don't have patience for retards in usenets. Goodbye.

Reply to
Amanda

Pot, kettle, black.

You call her dumb, you call her a retard, and you say "no offense"? How much methamphetamine did you do in your younger days?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Are you defnding her becuase she is your groupie from rec.food.cooking?

She is dumb and a retard to attack me about "mm" and "Amanda" again after I explained to her the reason in length, and nicely I might add, like this:

"If you wonder why I changed my name to mm from Amanda in this group (I used to post here as Amanda), this is the resson: Most of my posts in this group was with this email address I am using now but one time I used a different one but my username was the same with both accounts. Always "Amanda". I used the second one in an auto group and the next thing I knew, one guy was getting on my case. He used my username, morphed his email address like mine and pretended to be me and you guess the rest. The only difference was the ip address. I abandoned that account and the next thing I knew, using his morphed account, he posted in all the other groups I posted with that account of mine - I wasn't a regular in any of those group where I used that account. I saw him here and that in particular post, I noticed that he did crossposting to the other ngs I posted (with that other account of mine). It looked to me like he was trying to get my attention though he didn't write anything offensive. So I didn't post here (rec.food.cookign) during that period. Then I changed to mm. I was in a hurry and didn't make sure that it would also appear as mm in alt.home.repair. "

Gee..you people need a better life.. seriously.

Note: I have NO respect for people who bring news from one group to another with intention to slander a person. And once I lost respect for a person, watch out.

Reply to
Amanda

I decide which job I give priority and give focus. It's not up to you to deicde which job I should give priority and focus. Waxing the car is the least of my priority but it might be top priority to people like you with no life.

Your intelligence is in the same range as gumbo's, isn't it?

Reply to
Amanda

Me get a life? How long are YOU going to pursue this?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Pa_lonk to you

The above is an example of how I will respond to the smart alec, retards, and the like of you and Dough Miller who fall in bothe categories and more from now on.

Reply to
Amanda

Pa-lonk to you.

Reply to
Amanda

Only retards confuse "Doug" with "Dough". How did you get through grad school without being able to read? How old are you?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

That's pretty funny, really, being called a "retard" by someone with such abominable spelling, grammar, and sentence structure. At least I can string together a few consecutive coherent sentences, with words of two and three syllables spelled correctly. You can't manage even that. How does it feel to be dumber than me, the "retard"?

Reply to
Doug Miller

They is everyone I've ever read. Here are two sources of that:

From The Bottom Up No one has mentioned washing walls from the bottom up to avoid streaks & drip marks. By GraNita

about every book we've read on the subject, and every person we've ever talked to, says to wash walls from the bottom up. [Though he himself disagrees.]

Reply to
mm

Seems like if the wall's really dirty, doing the top last will allow dirty drips to mess up the lower part, done earlier. Oh well.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Yes, it seems like that to me, too, but other than you and that one above, I've always heard bottom first.

This one provides a more believable reason than the one above. I've never actually washed walls, so I don't know.

Start washing at the bottom and work up, so cleaning solution does not run down the dirty wall and cause streaks that are hard to remove.

That was the reason I heard before. It would be interesting if the streaks which are liquified already, at least until they sink in or dry, are harder to remove than the original dirt, but maybe.

Reply to
mm

I just took my '95 car into be painted yesterday. But that is because it had a bad color that didnt' adhere to the metal. Grey. For some reason grey is often a bad color on Chryslef. I had annother grey chrysler that peeled but I figured they had 7 years to fix the problem. Maybe they only had a few weeks, because it took 7 years for the peeling to start, and my next car was only 7 years newer.

BTW, I think this took close to 6 hours, but I did it over several days.

Also, don't park under trees.

Sure I believe it. I know how expensive it is to get work done. But I don't do anything, and except when the paint peels, it looks pretty good.

CAr bodies do a lot better than they used to, so I'm happy. Where do you live?

Reply to
mm

I think it would be better to not throw food at the wall in the first place. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

(snip)

That has been my experience- solvent runs make streaks cleaner than scrubbing does, and it hard to get them to blend in. Especially true for cleaning solutions that aren't supposed to stay on the wall long. Very noticable cleaning a scummy shower enclosure. Don't know why it works that way.

aem sends...

Reply to
<aemeijers

Youd be surprised. The dropings I got when parked by the grocery store was not under the tree. The other time, was a little bit under the tree. I needed the shade.

Sacramento, CA. Not a abd place. Just that this is the first car I own that I really like. It&#39;s 4-wheel drive.

Reply to
Amanda

What&#39;s a droping?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Now that&#39;s funny! I don&#39;t care who you are. (git &#39;er done)

Reply to
Steve Barker