OT: I hope you can help me with this

Page 2 of 3

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 04:10:53 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

They is everyone I've ever read. Here are two sources of that:
http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf942902.tip.html Wash From The Bottom Up No one has mentioned washing walls from the bottom up to avoid streaks & drip marks. By GraNita
http://www.housekeepingchannel.com/a_127-Wall_Washing_Secrets Just about every book we've read on the subject, and every person we've ever talked to, says to wash walls from the bottom up. [Though he himself disagrees.]
wrote in message

Seems like if the wall's really dirty, doing the top last will allow dirty drips to mess up the lower part, done earlier. Oh well.
On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 19:56:33 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Yes, it seems like that to me, too, but other than you and that one above, I've always heard bottom first.
This one provides a more believable reason than the one above. I've never actually washed walls, so I don't know.
http://web1.msue.msu.edu/msue/imp/mod02/01500185.html 4. Start washing at the bottom and work up, so cleaning solution does not run down the dirty wall and cause streaks that are hard to remove.
That was the reason I heard before. It would be interesting if the streaks which are liquified already, at least until they sink in or dry, are harder to remove than the original dirt, but maybe.
wrote in message

I think it would be better to not throw food at the wall in the first place. :-)
(snip)

That has been my experience- solvent runs make streaks cleaner than scrubbing does, and it hard to get them to blend in. Especially true for cleaning solutions that aren't supposed to stay on the wall long. Very noticable cleaning a scummy shower enclosure. Don't know why it works that way.
aem sends...

$60.00 ? wages vary widely. car detailing and cleaning varies widely depending on the local competition. perhaps double the minimum wage with a four hour minimum to include roundtrip travel time to and from his home. sometimes grouping work chores for visits so the trip is worth it to him and you. outdoor car work is weather sensitive. inquire of your town regarding its handyman licensing. also see dept of labor minimum wages by state: http://www.dol.gov/esa/minwage/america.htm

He doesn't live close to my area; he live 25 - 30 mins one way and I feel guilty if I don't pay him well.

I doubt that he does this kind of work on regular basis.

May be I should wait till the weather is a little warmer (we are in CA) and get help from my brother to doll it up.

If he is using supplies that you provide and is only supplying the labor , and if he is basically unskilled in the job you want done , then you negotiate from minimum wage of %5.15 an hour up to $10 or more.
It would be a good idea to find out what your insurance covers for this kind of work.
On Feb 4, 3:21 pm, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Well.. my thinking is that if he is patient and follow instruction, he would do the job I wanted in applying Perme Plate. After all, I was supposed to be doing it follwing the instruction on the bottle but after washing the car, my hands would be tired to give that pressure in applying.
Now, I am concern whether he can do it or not. If he is any like when I was his age, just went to college and didn't know much about anything else, he ould get very imaptaient like I was when I was that age. I never bothered washing my car tthat age. I heard that that how girls were. May be he likes cars and would treat mien as his but I doubt it. Mine is only a little over a year old.

You mean, for putting Perma Plate? It's basically like wax. It is referred to as Glorified Wax by an autobody place.

No idea. Try posting in alt.autos.subaru ;) Frank

Where did you learning to spy?

Unfortunately, we happen to have similar ng interests. I, of course, was hoping to draw you out and expose you ;) Frank

Expose me for what? Go to hell and get a life. Not joking.
Never reply to my post nor will to to your. Put that to your thick head. You haven't seen how angry I can get. I don't have time for your crap.
Btw, this is not an interest or a hobyy for me; just a requireemnt that started with a need.

Amanda wrote:

I'm curious as to how your English seems to improve and then get stunted depending on the post. Also on Rec.Food.Cooking you publicly stated that you didn't want anyone to know that "Amanda" was also "mm", yet you said it for everyone to see. Many people consider you a bit of a troll. You also claim to be into computers, yet accuse people of spying on you. Anyone who posts on USENET knows that one can see all the places you post when they access a group via dejanews/google groups.

So you are spying one me again? Dont't you have a life either? Then hook up with Frank.

I didn't say "anyone" and I said it in rec.food.cooking because *that guy w/ no life and obseessed with me* came looking for me in rec.food.cooking and sci.chem. And I didn't think anyone would be low enough to bring that news to another group like you are doing now. You probably wants that guy to find me. Is that your goal?
There I was nice enough to answer your question to "why were you answering to yourself" by assuming that the "mm" here was me, by explaning to you why I used "mm' in rec.food.cooking. But you are like a typical traitor, coming here complaingin about my use of "mm" there and not here, not to mention twisting my explanation. Or did you just have comprehension problem? English is your first langauge, sisn't it? And your only langauge? Then you should be netter in that one langaueg you know, don't you?
BTW, I also explained to you that when I started in this ng, I failed to make my username to mm. For Pete's sake, I was in a hurry to get my dispoal problem solved. Then I saw another person with username "mm" already. So why should I chnage it? And what's with you? Are you jealous of me? Nothing new. I have had that from women all my life.
It amazes me to learn how many people have such small life that they have time to spy on others and find faults, like you do. I feel for you gumbo, ah, goomba. But, I am not a regular here nor any non comp group for that matter. I'll save you time by telling you that I don't use this account for my comp groups. So , pick another one to bother, okey... gumbo?
Gosh, what a waste of time! Here is my new rule. From now on, I will ignore anyone who talks to me like a retard.

Why are you curious is what you should ask yourself? If you don't know, here is my observation. You need to get a life, instead of fixated with me.

I publicly said in rec.food.cooking, not in all the groups I post. So anyone to go read my posts in another group is "spying".

Is that your wish? For people here to consider me a troll? Let them have their view; it's not up to you to impose.

I didn't claim to be in computers. I said I was in "programming in Java". I didn't claim to be an expert in computer hardware, computer networking, computer security, nor even any computer programming language. Again, don;t go lookign for me there. You won't find me with this account even if you check all java forums.
Spying is when someone follows another perosn and attack the perosn like you did me in rec.food.cooking You should the emaning of words in your first language better then you do.
Try to understand that you are too far below average intelligence for me to bother communicating with you any further. No offense. I don't have patience for retards in usenets. Goodbye.

Pot, kettle, black.

You call her dumb, you call her a retard, and you say "no offense"? How much methamphetamine did you do in your younger days?

Are you defnding her becuase she is your groupie from rec.food.cooking?

She is dumb and a retard to attack me about "mm" and "Amanda" again after I explained to her the reason in length, and nicely I might add, like this:
"If you wonder why I changed my name to mm from Amanda in this group (I used to post here as Amanda), this is the resson: Most of my posts in this group was with this email address I am using now but one time I used a different one but my username was the same with both accounts. Always "Amanda". I used the second one in an auto group and the next thing I knew, one guy was getting on my case. He used my username, morphed his email address like mine and pretended to be me and you guess the rest. The only difference was the ip address. I abandoned that account and the next thing I knew, using his morphed account, he posted in all the other groups I posted with that account of mine - I wasn't a regular in any of those group where I used that account. I saw him here and that in particular post, I noticed that he did crossposting to the other ngs I posted (with that other account of mine). It looked to me like he was trying to get my attention though he didn't write anything offensive. So I didn't post here (rec.food.cookign) during that period. Then I changed to mm. I was in a hurry and didn't make sure that it would also appear as mm in alt.home.repair. "
> How much methamphetamine did you do in your younger days? How much are you doing now?
Gee..you people need a better life.. seriously.
Note: I have NO respect for people who bring news from one group to another with intention to slander a person. And once I lost respect for a person, watch out.
I don't know if bad application of the product will damage anything or not. (Personally, I would never use paste wax near a light or trim stip or anything, because it really looks cruddy to have that light brown stuff stuck in all the cracks. And it seems really hard to get off. That's what I mean by damaging something.)
But if there is a chance, I would start him off with something that he can't damage, or which will grow back pretty quickly, and see how well he does.
If you don't have work like that for him to do, I''d just go to the car wash and accept whatever crummy spray-on wax they have.
One cannot predict the quality of someone's labor by noting his personality, politeness, breeding, dress, hygiene, or even his intelligence. That he seems like a nice, well-put-together guy does not prove he does good work. If he does present himself decently, the fact that he has no full-time job, or no job that pays well enough that he doesn't have to take side jobs, at age 29 is not a good thing. It's not proof either that he won't do a good job. See how he does on a non-vital job.

Good point. I have never doen or supervised anythign like this before.

Yeah..
True.
I am not that rich to give me other as a test:) And being single, I don't have work that others can do for me.