OT: I bet the Americans on here don't know who wrote the music to your national anthem?

Page 1 of 3
It was an Englishman called John Stafford Smith who composed the music.
An American wrote new lyrics and named it : The Star spangled banner.
--
Bod

On 5/31/2016 2:42 PM, Bod wrote:

Are you always that envious of the US and it's citizens? I find it amazing how so many non-citizens are obsessed with finding fault of the US while ignoring their own country's problems. I don't worry about the UK but am thankful for their friendship. It's too bad you aren't mature enough to offer the same sentiments.

--
Bod

On 6/1/2016 4:21 AM, Bod wrote:

Yes, I was pissed off yesterday as someone tried to run me off the road while on my motorcycle and my rage was still fuming.

I was under the belief you always posted negativity about the US but I was wrong. My apologies.
On 01/06/2016 10:47, Meanie wrote:

Understood and accepted :-)
--
Bod

On 05/31/2016 12:42 PM, Bod wrote:

It figures a Brit would write a song about 10 people in the world can actually sing. What was he, a castrato?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgnVMFtd7E

On 01/06/2016 04:34, rbowman wrote:

I agree that the tune is an extremely difficult song to sing because of the vocal range, but what has the Irish national anthem got to do with it? The Americans chose to use the tune for their anthem, so they must have liked it....a heck of a lot.
--
Bod

Bod wrote:

Nah, Congress did it.
On 01/06/2016 12:33, dadiOH wrote:

They weren't Americans!? ;-)
--
Bod

On 06/01/2016 05:38 AM, Bod wrote:

Fuck no! Congress is composed of pod people from someplace beyond the solar system. Haven't you gathered that from snippets of US politics. The last thing in the world they represent is the will of the people.
On 01/06/2016 15:02, rbowman wrote:

Lol.
--
Bod

Bod wrote:

They aren't even humans.
On 01/06/2016 18:58, dadiOH wrote:

Ha ha!
--
Bod

On 06/01/2016 02:34 AM, Bod wrote:

At least the Irish anthem can be sung by a normal human without an almost two octave range and the lyrics aren't as stilted.
It took the US about 150 years to make it the anthem. The rewritten God Save The Queen would be a lot easier on the ears. I can do that one on a flute without even breaking into the upper register.
On 01/06/2016 15:00, rbowman wrote:

Righto.
--
Bod

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 11:33:33 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:

I can sing it, although not in the key in which it is usually played. Still, even though I've got the range, my voice isn't so pleasant that anybody would want to listen to it.
I was singing Mozart in the shower one morning and my husband rushed in to see if I was injured or under attack.
Cindy Hamilton
On 6/1/2016 3:09 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

When I sun tan at the beach, people in rescue T shirts mop me with buckets of beach water, and try to drag me towards the water.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 06/01/2016 03:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Stay out of Australia or they'll mistake you for a saltie and shoot.
On 6/2/2016 1:02 AM, rbowman wrote:

I thought AU was a gun free zone, like Chicago IL?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

They can still have muskets.