OT Humans Need Not Apply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

On 11/14/14, 9:01 PM, Seymore4Head wrote:

Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn!
Per Seymore4Head:

I'm looking forward to self-driving cars - but not for the expected reason.
Instead, I want to see how aggressive drivers and kids learn how to game the software in nearby vehicles - making certain maneuvers that force the software in another vehicle to react a certain way that turns out to the advantage of the perpetrator. Unexpected consequences and all that.... Should be interesting....
--
Pete Cresswell

Yeah, I am curious how that computer deals with someone doing the "beltway merge" where you squeeze through a spot, a lot of people would have a hard time parallel parking in, then you blow out the other side and go ... you do it at 65. Even tourists from Ohio have trouble dealing with that but it was a regular thing when I lived there. It was actually a thing of beauty when everyone played the game. You could be coming over a hill approaching an exit and see cars merging in and exiting like gears meshing, without a hint of brake lights. Of course one guy freaking out and it was a 10 car pile up.