OT How to connect a Brake Controller

This is rather off topic. I bought a used brake controller for my 79 Ford pickup truck, so the brakes work in my stock trailer. I got the controller at a garage sale. It looks good, but there is no manual for it. Years ago I hooked up one of the ones that connect to a tee in the brake line, but now a days they are electronic, and I dont have a clue where to connect it to the brakes. The controller brand is a Valley. It has 4 controls on it. One says HARD, another SOFT, then there is a large slider thing on the front that dont say anything, and there us a pointed small knob on the side that dont say anything either. There is also a LED on the front. There's no model number on it either, but I found a similar looking one on ebay that lists it as a "Valley Trailer Brake Control, model 52740". There are 4 wires on the back. Red, white, blue , black. I have no idea what wire does what. I did a Google search and was unable to find a website for the company, in fact there was little info other than places that sell them such as auto parts stores and trailer supply stores, plus that one on Ebay.
Does anyone have any idea how this is supposed to be hooked up?
Thanks
Jim
On Mar 17, 1:08 am, jiml snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Jim, Try this place. Copy and paste URL http://www.etrailer.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=E&Product_Code=V52740&Category_Code They apparently sell this item. There is a phone number in the upper left corner of the screen. Not real visable. This is a heavy duty unit. Ask for a copy of the installation manual. It might cost a few bucks. I have never dealt with them personally. Good luck.
kr2346
jiml__ snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.valleyindustries.com/ISHEETS/52740.pdf