OT - How much is regular gas where you are?

The high prices may not be the big problem. My daughter works in Phenix City Alabama, just across the river from Columbus Ga. On the way home tonight she found that most stations were dry and had no idea when refills would be in.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Bress

On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 14:49:05 -0500, "PanHandler" wrote Re OT - How much is regular gas where you are?:

Here are the prices in my area:

http://198.6.95.31/ALmetro.asp Right now about $2.53 and rising.

Reply to
Vic Dura

Rochester NY: $2.69 yesterday. No idea what it is today. I'll find out in about an hour.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

Converting from our $1.15 Canadian per litre to US gallons (that's for the cheapest 'Regular' 87 octane)..... It is close to the equivalent of $3.49 US dollars, per US sized gallon here in eastern Canada! SUV and V8 owners looking worried!

Reply to
Terry

We paid $2.71 at 6:00 p.m. this evening - at Sam's Club in the Philly 'burbs. At 4:00 this afternoon the station around the corner from me posted $2.99. At 7:00 it was $3.15. Price gouging at its finest.

Reply to
Liz

It went from $2.79 to $2.99 up to $3.17 over about 3 hours today in Maine.

Cin

Reply to
Cindy

In Columbus,OH, the lowest I saw this morning on the way to work was $2.57 (I filled up then). The same station on the way home was $3.09.

This was the "cheap" 87 octane.

Mike O.

Reply to
Mike O'Donnell

Heard it jumped 60 cents in Long Island.

Reply to
FDR

$3.20 in the Ann Arbor area for 87 Octane.

Reply to
Rob Osborn

$1.79, bean burrito for regular gas.

Reply to
Coughlin

$2.60 in Texas and I dont see any gas lines.

Reply to
User Example

In central CT today, my wife was actually at the pump when 93 octane went from 2.89 to 3.09, and on my way home Citgo was 2.81 for regular. I paid

2.59 on Monday at the same Citgo. The place my wife went to had only the 93 octane, and it's one of those giant stations with many pumps.

Tuesday, I noticed the gas price in town was $2.66.9. I went to a nearby farm supply and feedmill to get some feed. They have only one gas pump there which is mostly just for their own vehicles, but anyone can buy gas there. but the price is always 4 or 5 cents higher. When I got there, the still had it for $2.53.9. I decided to get a half tank or so. When I got back inside to pay, the guy said if I had waited a few more minutes I would have paid 20 cents more per gallon. They just called and told him to raise the price.

Wednesday, the price was $2.77.9 in town. This is in Iowa. Across the river in Wisconsin, the price is just under $3.00. I just spoke with friends in Milwaukee WI. On Wed. the price was $329.9 in that city.

(these prices are for regular).

Mark

Reply to
maradcliff

Tom Miller

Actually, the "problem" is commodity speculation on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

Reply to
Tom Miller

If you live in Philly, you should drive over to New Jersey for gas. Always cheaper in NJ than PA.

Reply to
Tom Miller

A good idea, but very limited use in today's changing market. two price jumps in a day are hard to track on a voluntary setup like this.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

=================== Filled my car mid morning Wednesday and paid $2.87 for Premium...came home and cleaned up the car I used this weekend then drove in to the same Gas Station and paid $3.39 .... no more then 2 hours later...

52 Cent JUMP in less time then it took to wax a car...wow

At the Foot of the mountain under Camp David... in Maryland.

Bob G.

Reply to
Bob G.

Such is the case. When you are close to the source and there are executives in the area they have more easy access to the local politicians and can get away with more stuff. Thats my theory. Texas produces beef, but if you buy it there you pay a hefty tax. But I'd pay it cause its so tasty in Texas, lol.

Reply to
CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

Well I guess I spoke too soon, yesterday... As I left work, the price had shot up to CDN $1.35/Liter...here in Monteal....

So after Currency and Gallon Conversion, it is: USD$4.30 / US Gallon

They say it is due to crude prices... B.S... Oil companies are making record profits right now, they are not suffering.. Then they say it is due to refinary capacity... Also a bunch of hogwash... We have so many refinaries in the east end of Montreal, that I doubt we import any refined fuel, and our refinaries were NOT affected by Katrina, so it is JUST an excuse!!!

Category 4 storm touches land, and Category 5 fleecing by the Petroleum companies....

Good luck, and all the best to those in the storm's path...

Reply to
MTLnews