OT - How much is regular gas where you are?

Page 1 of 4
It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour ago - probably higher now.
--
"VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses,
Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware.

Just got over $3 today at Costco, Livermore (Bay Area), CA and its one of the cheapest stations around.

Phoenix Az regular varies from $2.819 to $2.999 on my circuit today. I saw diesel at $2.999 at one station.
I filled up at Costco yesterday for $2.549, I did not go anywhere near Costco today.
Wouldn't know. I use premium. 10 mins south of San Fran. Bit it looks like more'n just the cabelleros will be gettin' hosed in the gay bay.
2.79 to 3.29: Just rode around town to fill up and checked various places before I chose one.
: It's $2.79 here in Chipley, FL, in the central Panhandle. That was an hour : ago - probably higher now. : : -- : "VISTA" is an acronym for the top five Windows problems: Viruses, : Intrusions, Spyware, Trojans and Adware. : :

Get ready for higher prices than that. I hear the pipeline that supplies 75% of Georgia with gasoline is inoperable.
It just jumped to $3.30 here in the Southern Michigan / Northern Indiana area for regular unleaded. I bet it goes up even more before it gets better.

I just heard it's up to over $5 per gallon in Atlanta. Holy shit, I wonder what it would have been if the SPR wasn't being tapped.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 18:05:28 -0400, "Olaf"

Wouldn't matter much- the problem is refinery capacity, not crude prices right now. Lots of refinery capability was affected by the hurricane, and might not be back on-line for a while.
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 19:45:58 -0500, Prometheus

Actually, the "problem" is commodity speculation on the New York Mercantile Exchange.

And when I took the family to the neighborhood pizza joint for an early dinner, the three stations I passed had huge lines around them. But driving home after dinner, the lines were gone--- because there was no more gas :-(
PanHandler wrote:

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)
Well last night it was $1.09 CDN per Litre of Regular gas. This morning it was up to $1.15 and at noon it was $1.21. This evening they are saying it will go to about CDN$1.30 per Litre here in Montreal, Canada.
Will about 3.78 Litres to a US Gallon, and todays exchange rate of about CDN$0.84 to USD$1.00, it comes to about
USD$4.12 per US Gallon!!!! Damn that's starting to hurt... I guess my 72 Riviera will be staying in my garage for a while... So much for all the joy rides...

Yesterday afternoon on the way to the store (Western Michigan) many were $2.999, but one still $2.699. On the way back from the store, the latter was up to $2.999 as well. When I mentioned the sudden increase to the customer at the pump next to me, she said that it had jumped from $2.699 to $2.999 while she was getting her CC out of her purse.
This morning some were up to $3.299.
Perce
On 08/31/05 03:49 pm PanHandler tossed the following ingredients into the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

In Ontario we are paying $1.20 per Litre or roughly $4.80 a gallon. And from here I can see the refinery.
San Antonio $2.56 yesterday, $2.65 at 6 pm today. Diesel about the same. Filled my Diesel p/u Sat. for $2.37. Luckily I got a little Ford Aspire to putt around in -- about 33 mpg in town, 40+ on the road, maybe a little less running the a/c. Gonna fill it up in a little while.
HotRod wrote:

Such is the case. When you are close to the source and there are executives in the area they have more easy access to the local politicians and can get away with more stuff. Thats my theory. Texas produces beef, but if you buy it there you pay a hefty tax. But I'd pay it cause its so tasty in Texas, lol.
--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert

current rate of exchange.
$4.80 in Ontario (Canadian) dollars is about $4.00 per US gallon in US currency. Since there are approx 3.78 litres in a US gallon; 4.00/3.78 = about 1.06 US per litre.
Here in Easternmost Canada we are paying around $1.15 to $1.30 (Averaging say $1.25) per litre, in Canadian funds at the pump. So 3.78 * 1.25 = approx $4.73 Canadian which equals 4.73 * 0.84 = 3.97 US currency per US gallon. BTW in this part of Canada we are pumping it offshore from under the ocean and also refining some of it onshore, right here!
Terry ( snipped-for-privacy@nf.sympatico.ca) said...

Just because it is produced and refined locally has little to do with the price you are paying. The same goes for the taxes (I'm all for tax cuts, but only if they go back in the consumers' pockets, which will not happen with gas taxes).
Two months ago, I was in Edmonton on business and filled up the rental car for a certain price (the actual price isn't important, so I won't mention it in order to avoid readers from crying!). When I returned to Toronto, I noticed the gas price was EXACTLY the same.
But the oil mostly comes from Alberta, so shouldn't it be cheaper there? More importantly, even though the federal taxes are identical in both places, the Alberta government charges 7 cents per litre while the Ontario government charges 14.7 cents per litre.
At the retail level, the price will be whatever they feel the consumers will pay.
--
Calvin Henry-Cotnam
Calvin Henry-Cotnam wrote:

Well, areas around here near refineries tend to be significantly lower than other areas so I'd say that's not a universal truth...

If you don't pay it, where else does what you didn't pay go if it doesn't stay in your pocket? The above claim makes no sense.