OT - How many treaters?

Page 1 of 2
I had 24 trick or treaters, tonight.
I didn't keep track, but it was mostly the standard costumes. Jack the ripper, pumpkin face, and so on. One girl maybe 13 or so in a power wheel chair. I offered to come out and hand the treat to her, but Mom took it and put in the bag.
About 8 PM, started to rain.
Some of the kids were only 3 or 4 years old. Makes you wonder what they get out of it. I'd say they looked totally confused. One boy, about 3 years old, I handed him raisins. I still had some in my other hand, and he was cluelessly reaching for them. I reached back out to shake, and his hand was very cold. I'm not sure he got much out of the evening.
After 8 PM we had the teenagers come out. The last treater looked about 10, girl. With people in a car out by the curb. That's common, to have someone out at the street, in a car.
I bought 60 boxes of raisins (ounce and a half size). Gave out 25 or so, leaving.... 35 left? I'll have something to eat for lunch, next week.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I just had a couple of MILFs drop by (with their kids).
Jim
On 10/31/2010 9:53 PM, JimT wrote:

No MILFs, but a couple of 14yo or so females that didn't look anything at all like I remember the girls in my 8th or 9th grade looking. WHAT are they feeding them these days? I hope they made a short night of it- the way they were dressed (cross between Hee Haw and and Beale Street), they had to be cold.
--
aem sends...

On Sun, 31 Oct 2010 21:39:33 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

It was really slow. Maybe because this was a school night. Now I am stuck with about 10 pounds of candy. I was giving it away by the handfuls. Last year we had over 100 kids.
After 8 PM we had the teenagers come out. The last treater looked about 10, girl. With people in a car out by the curb. That's common, to have someone out at the street, in a car.
I bought 60 boxes of raisins (ounce and a half size). Gave out 25 or so, leaving.... 35 left? I'll have something to eat for lunch, next week.
--

This was my first ever Halloween giving our candy (I'm 34) and our first in
our town and current house.

I like raisins and I'd be happy to get them as a treat. They are, however, on the top 10 list of things kids don't want. They don't want Tootsie Pops or other taffies either. They want chocolate.
Walmart has chocolate bars, 6 for $2. The kids would likely have enjoyed those more. Maybe the news got out. "Ugh... raisins.... avoid this guy...."
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Aren't you supposed to give kids stuff full of chocolate, sugar.......and caffeine? They need to stay awake to stuff down all their loot after all.
On 10/31/2010 10:38 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

We had no tot's at all - kids at home, but it is a long way from house to house on our street, so didn't bother. Left lights off. No t-p-ing or other vandalism. Halloween has always been a good experience for me - changed a lot, beginning with razor blades in apples and all that stuff. Only the older teens come by without parents. If not tiny tots, the children come to the door while parents/adults wait at the sidewalk. Many adults seem to make it a group activity.
When I was growing up in Chicago, our neighborhood was all apartment buildings....one trip around the block occupied the whole evening and filled our treat bags. Many treats were home-made taffy apples, caramel corn balls, etc. Plenty of nickels. One apartment on the block had a party every year...kids would gather and as soon as the living room filled, the spooky stuff began....scary records with ghost sounds, passing around "body parts" while the story played...olives for eyeballs, spaghetti for veins, etc. Never heard my parents express fear for our safety, other than to tell us that if we stayed out after dark, "the man with the bag" would get us. Stayed out with my brother at the park one evening, fading twilight, when we saw a guy on the park bench with a large duffel bag....that was it! Home before dark until I wised up to my parents' stories.
Just some dumb ass kids that came before it was dark. I didn't open the door. Then it began to rain and no one else came along. Good riddance. There aren't any kids living around here any longer.
We had problems years ago with TP-ing and other crap when boys still were living in the neighborhood.
More than usual --
We had fifty bags of cheesies and felt well prepared(def: lots left over for me) -- previous two years, we had ten to fifteen little kids and maybe half a dozen teenagers.
Ran out at 8:05. Could have used a dozen more. Dawned on me that the neighbourhood is changing. We're on a small circle -- in the last year, four families with young kids have moved in. I expect that is happening throughout our area -- as we have SCHOOLS our kids can walk to,
A couple of other surprises -- the costumes this year were more inventive than I remember, and the kids were all polite and a lot of fun. The little kids were very polite -- and the teenagers were good humoured, chatty and polite. All in all, a very pleasant few hours.
My wife says I was quite well behaved -- for me, at least. Only one transgression. I was getting tired of moms and dads peering suspiciously at me from around the corner of the house -- and when one was particularly so and particularly scowly -- I offered her kids a puppy just to watch the parents' faces.
Apparently,, I'm not all that funny.
Ken in Calgary.
snipped-for-privacy@nospam.tnx wrote:

You'd enjoy an email my son got. Evidently some homeowner decided to "trick" the trickers. As a group stood in his doorway, with open bags, yelling "Trick or Treat," the homeowner reached into one of the bags and took out a handful of candy.
"I'll give this to the less fortunate," the homeowner said.
"Great!" said one of the kids to his partner. "Another goddamn Democrat!"
Probably a joke.
You are so right. Next year, do you think I should set up an expresso machine, and serve cups of steaming hot coffee? I could go to the truck stop, and get a lot of those rip open packs of No-Doz, and give those out, too.
Well, it's fun to joke about. Then, about 11 PM when Mommies and Daddies want to go to bed, the kids are still wide eyed, and running around the house.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

In a previous location we had a dad who would show up with a shot glass and announce "Trick or Drink"
Charlie
That's fun. I'm glad you mentioned it.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"OCEAN CITY, Md. (AP) - Maryland State Police said a drunken 47-year-old Florida man wearing a diaper was arrested for shouting profanities while trick-or-treating. Police said Joseph David DiVanna of Sarasota, Fla., was arrested about 9:15 p.m. Sunday and charged with disorderly conduct."
Nothing else here:
http://www.8newsnow.com/story/13424204/drunken-diaper-wearing-man-seeking-candy-arrested

I supported the healthy movement and gave out condoms.

I supported the healthy movement and the green movement and gave out recycled condoms.

It's green alright.
http://s4.hubimg.com/u/3567371_f260.jpg