OT How I wtopped worrying

OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.

That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.

Does this sound possible?

Reply to
mm

That would be Slim Pickens.

I saw "Dr. Strangelove" at the enlisted men's theater at a Strategic Air Command base at Roswell, New Mexico. I was about 17 years old, about 1965, and a guest of the son of a Lt. Colonel we were visiting. At the time, SAC had a fleet of B-52's in the air at all times, and exactly the scenario of Dr. Strangelove. It took me many generations to comprehend the moment in history I was present for. Two years later, I saw an SR-71 close enough to touch, and, again, did not understand that I was present at a historic moment.

I'd love to see the nose cam on a missile going into a Khadafi personal party.

The "OH, SHIT!" moment would be priceless............. fade to television screen static ..................................

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

That's the name!

They have cameras on those things, I think.

BTW. I saw displayed a remote tv camera meant to hang from your dog or cat's neck. So you can see where he's going. They'll probably have pet-mounted missiles soon.

Reply to
mm

He didn't say TOMAHAWK, he said "cruise missile."

The B1 can easily be configured to carry the AGM-158 JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile), which is, indeed, a cruise missile.

$50 million to kill one Islamo-terrorist: Priceless.

On a similar note, I have a certain admiration involving Gadaffi; he's killing an extraordinary number of terrorists, terrorists in training, and potential terrorists at no cost to us.

I say leave him alone.

Reply to
HeyBub

The Tomahawk IS a cruise missile.

Kurt Ullman

"mm" wrote

On the series where they hunt wild hogs, the dogs have cameras. It is interesting. They have one Great Dane, and that dog loves to chew up pigs.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

He deserves at least one Hellfire missile hand delivered for all those people he killed over Lockerbie, Scotland. What price to you assign to those civilian men, women, and children who died that day?

I say deliver him a missile, and THEN leave him alone. Or whatever you can find of him.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

He'd have to jump pretty fast. A Tomahawk moves about 500mph.

Reply to
Doug Miller

AHR is dying for lack of ON TOPIC...... ww

Reply to
WW

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.

-C-

Reply to
Country

"WW" wrote

Put all your computer gear in a box and take it to Good Will. You are too stupid to own it. If you can't figure out filters, what OT means, how to flag a thread, how to discern what the discussion would be when the Subject line reads: "How to seduce sheep", or even how to just pass on reading every item your news server provides, you do not need a computer.

Do you find it necessary to participate in every conversation in the world? Do you walk up to people talking and ask, "What are you talking about?" Well, it's just about the same here. You don't need to be in EVERY conversation, and if you're not in on the conversation, then don't take it personally.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Steve B

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll come out fine."

It did.

Reply to
HeyBub

Boeing knows about as much regarding what the Air Force does when it takes delivery as Chevrolet knows what I do to my truck.

Reply to
HeyBub

On 3/23/2011 7:46 PM mm spake thus:

AKA "critter cams". Look 'em up; pretty kewl. Can be attached to virtually any kind of animal.

Let's hope not.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

True, there's some of that immorality thinking. But have you ever met a

60-year old (retired) Marine?

The ONLY difference between him and a 19-year old fresh from boot camp is that the elder Marine just moves a little slower.

Soldiers today, are, in the main, our warrior class. They sign up, aware of the risks of death or disability, for the opportunity to kill people and blow things up. It's what they train for. It's what they were born for. They do it for their country's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's sake.

Reply to
HeyBub

Silly person. Do you think the military is going to turn over the intimate and secret details of a weapons system to a civilian company. Further, Boeing is about as interested in the plane's payload as it is in the brand of coffee the crew takes aboard in non-certified Thermos bottles.

Surely you don't think the Air Force is worried that the WARRANTY on a B-1 Bomber might get, like, VOIDED, if Boeing detects an unauthorized modification?

I'm sure the Air Force itself has modification protocols, but I was merely pointing out the absurdity of your statement that Boeing is a perfect authority on the weapons systems of the planes. It isn't.

Reply to
HeyBub

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re- make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on the re-make of the Pink Panther.

-C-

Reply to
Country

I read it was expensive to make movies with him because he was so funny the cast and crew kept breaking up and they had to reshoot the scene. It was certainly a well cast movie; one of the best movies ever, in my opinion.

Reply to
Notat Home

Yep. Last year I bought a cheap wheelchair off of Craigslist. I already had a black suit, glasses, and gloves.

My plan was to have my son roll me to the front of my local congress-critters town hall meeting on the then-pending health care legislation. At a crucial point, I was to stagger to my feet, scream "MEIN FURHER! I CAN VALK!", then give the nazi salute.

I envisioned an unforgettable YouTube moment.

Didn't work. My Democrat congress-cretin didn't hold any town hall meetings.

Reply to
HeyBub

If you'd a done that for Sarah Palin, she would have had and unforgettable PornTube moment.

-C-

Reply to
Country