OT How I wtopped worrying

Page 1 of 2
OT Isn't there a promotional drawing for "How I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb" that shows someone's stretched out over the nosecone of missile, arms and leg wide apart, struggling to hold on.
That's the image I keep thinking of Kaddafi is speaking to a crowd inside a big tent, and a Tomahawk missile comes right though an opening in the far side of the tent and he sees it cming straight at him. At the last moment he spreads his arms and grabs on.
Does this sound possible?

That would be Slim Pickens.
I saw "Dr. Strangelove" at the enlisted men's theater at a Strategic Air Command base at Roswell, New Mexico. I was about 17 years old, about 1965, and a guest of the son of a Lt. Colonel we were visiting. At the time, SAC had a fleet of B-52's in the air at all times, and exactly the scenario of Dr. Strangelove. It took me many generations to comprehend the moment in history I was present for. Two years later, I saw an SR-71 close enough to touch, and, again, did not understand that I was present at a historic moment.
I'd love to see the nose cam on a missile going into a Khadafi personal party.
The "OH, SHIT!" moment would be priceless............. fade to television screen static ..................................
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
On Wed, 23 Mar 2011 20:37:03 -0700, "Steve B"

That's the name!

They have cameras on those things, I think.
BTW. I saw displayed a remote tv camera meant to hang from your dog or cat's neck. So you can see where he's going. They'll probably have pet-mounted missiles soon.

On the series where they hunt wild hogs, the dogs have cameras. It is interesting. They have one Great Dane, and that dog loves to chew up pigs.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
On 3/23/2011 7:46 PM mm spake thus:

AKA "critter cams". Look 'em up; pretty kewl. Can be attached to virtually any kind of animal.

Let's hope not.
--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
aemeijers wrote:

True, there's some of that immorality thinking. But have you ever met a 60-year old (retired) Marine?
The ONLY difference between him and a 19-year old fresh from boot camp is that the elder Marine just moves a little slower.
Soldiers today, are, in the main, our warrior class. They sign up, aware of the risks of death or disability, for the opportunity to kill people and blow things up. It's what they train for. It's what they were born for. They do it for their country's sake, for honor's sake, for glory's sake.
On 3/25/2011 8:22 AM, HeyBub wrote:

NO 19-year old is aware of their own mortality. They don't have the life experience to make an informed decision to put themselves at risk. And recent studies seem to prove the long empirical evidence that teenager-hood lasts until the mid-20s, when the brain is finished developing. It has only in recent years that society has been rich enough, and the lifespan long enough, for the 18-25 year old set to finish growing up physically and neurologically before they started having to make a living and cranking out babies. (Remember, mother nature values reproduction above long lifespan. Crank out the babies, and count on enough village Nanas being around to raise the orphans, but keep the birthrate up.)
Humans are merely gene's way of reproducing.
--
aem sends...

I saw that movie again on tv the other day. Still a fine movie, IMO.
-C-
Country wrote:

There are many anecdotes about the movie. One was that Slim Pickins confessed to Stanley Kubrick that he didn't think he could do the job. He'd never done a comedy before. Kubrick told him not to worry, that he didn't WANT Pickins to do comedy. "Just play it straight," Kubrick said. "It'll come out fine."
It did.

Yup. It was funny watching some of those actors struggle to not bust out laughing at some of Peter Sellers antics. I hope they never re- make that one. Especially after the crappy job Steve Martin did on the re-make of the Pink Panther.
-C-
Country wrote:

the cast and crew kept breaking up and they had to reshoot the scene. It was certainly a well cast movie; one of the best movies ever, in my opinion.
Notat Home wrote:

Yep. Last year I bought a cheap wheelchair off of Craigslist. I already had a black suit, glasses, and gloves.
My plan was to have my son roll me to the front of my local congress-critters town hall meeting on the then-pending health care legislation. At a crucial point, I was to stagger to my feet, scream "MEIN FURHER! I CAN VALK!", then give the nazi salute.
I envisioned an unforgettable YouTube moment.
Didn't work. My Democrat congress-cretin didn't hold any town hall meetings.

If you'd a done that for Sarah Palin, she would have had and unforgettable PornTube moment. -C-

"GENTLEMEN! YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN THE WAR ROOM!"
or paraphrased ...
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com
harry wrote:

He didn't say TOMAHAWK, he said "cruise missile."
The B1 can easily be configured to carry the AGM-158 JASSM (Joint Air-to-Surface Standoff Missile), which is, indeed, a cruise missile.

$50 million to kill one Islamo-terrorist: Priceless.
On a similar note, I have a certain admiration involving Gadaffi; he's killing an extraordinary number of terrorists, terrorists in training, and potential terrorists at no cost to us.
I say leave him alone.

http://www.navy.mil/navydata/fact_display.asp?cid "00&tid00&ct=2

He deserves at least one Hellfire missile hand delivered for all those people he killed over Lockerbie, Scotland. What price to you assign to those civilian men, women, and children who died that day?
I say deliver him a missile, and THEN leave him alone. Or whatever you can find of him.
Steve
Heart surgery pending? www.cabgbypasssurgery.com

He'd have to jump pretty fast. A Tomahawk moves about 500mph.

AHR is dying for lack of ON TOPIC...... ww

Put all your computer gear in a box and take it to Good Will. You are too stupid to own it. If you can't figure out filters, what OT means, how to flag a thread, how to discern what the discussion would be when the Subject line reads: "How to seduce sheep", or even how to just pass on reading every item your news server provides, you do not need a computer.
Do you find it necessary to participate in every conversation in the world? Do you walk up to people talking and ask, "What are you talking about?" Well, it's just about the same here. You don't need to be in EVERY conversation, and if you're not in on the conversation, then don't take it personally.