OT house repair and real estate agent

I'm trying to sell my building but it needed repairs over and above the most normal buyers comfort zone so now my contract with the selling agent has expired. I requested my keys back form this agent but he refuse to return it back to me. I'm out of town so I'm also at a disadvantage. So what are my options other changing all the locks? He won't return emails of phone calls either. Has anyone had this problems with agents not returning keys or leaving some doors unlock. I had dealings with real estate agents before over the years and they we OK and a couple were really good.

Reply to
Fred

Greetings,

I would follow the procedure outlined below: a) write a letter including the following points i) stay off my property ii) return my keys to me at XYZ address (not property address) iii) lost key fee is $20 due by same date b) mail letter certified and a second copy first class c) mail the letter to his employer certified and first class d) tell building tenants or neighbors to be on the lookout for the agent entering the property e) file in small claims court when the day comes and goes and you still don't have your keys

Hope this helps, William

PS: If you aren't willing to file in court you have no rights. Period.

Reply to
William.Deans

Find the agents broker and talk to them. Ultimately the broker is on the hook with the state and the authorities. I have only raised "hell" with one broker over an agent. Problem was solved that afternoon. Then find the state agency that license agents and do the paper work.

As for the maroons that go through your home and leave all the lights on and doors unlocked, Ya done that been there. Not much that you can do if your agent is not assisting you. I have tired leaving signs on the back of doors. They do not read. If your not satisfied with the service your paying for then change the listing. It may cost you some time or a sale. After all it is your home. I am lucky my agent that I work with is savvy on how I want the process to run and assists when necessary.

Reply to
SQLit

Greetings,

Why do so many people imagine America the way they want it to be instead of how it actually is? Try to do something about this guy refusing to give back your keys except taking him to court or begging him and see who has rights.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

Greetings,

First, if possible, have some proof he is refusing to give back your keys. Otherwise he is likely to just claim he already gave the keys back.

Hope this helps, William

Reply to
William.Deans

That is pure BS and puts anything you say/said/will say in a suspicious light.

Reply to
Pop

Sounds like a very frustrated individual, obviously needs help and support perhaps a meeting would help, talk it out and when he's at ease hold him down and write idiot on his forehead backwards, grab your key's and run.

Reply to
Sacramento Dave

Speaking as a licensed but not active broker, this is the above is the best advice you have received.

To clarify it.

Contact the primary broker first.

Tell him/her that if the issue is not resolved within two business days you will file a complaint with your state licensing authority.

Give him/her a couple of days to resolve the issue. Then contact your state licensing authority. If the Broker lets it go this far they are really stupid.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

" snipped-for-privacy@wdeans.com" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

===> That's still wrong, but ... not as wrong as the initial statement. To think that actually going to court is the ONLY way you have any rights is downright silly, even stupid. Telling him he has no rights unless he is willing to "file" in court is beyond wrong, it's silly. Filing in court has nothing to do with what rights a person has. Sounds like the words of a tortuous-minded person to me.

Hop that helps,

Pop

Reply to
Pop