OT: High capacity magazine ban works!

Page 1 of 4
"Police are currently investigating the "Meet the Press" host for showing what appeared to be a 30-round gun magazine on-air Sunday. D.C. code prohibits anyone from possessing, selling or transferring a "high capacity ammunition feeding device," which would include the gun magazine. NBC News reportedly sought permission to use it on the show, and has not issued a statement about the situation yet. "
This is where the nonsensical gun laws get you. Just like NYC gives a mandatory 2 1/2 years to any law abiding citizen who accidentally winds up in NYC with a firearm that isn't registered in NYC, the DC police should fully prosecute Gregory. To make the world safer......

Just realized the story excerpt I posted doesn't contain David Gregory's name, the host of Meet the Depressed. But that is who the DC police are investigating pursuant to the lib ideas of gun control.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 06:47:03 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

OTOH- The irony of it all makes me giggle. I *do* hope they prosecute everyone who touched that thing to the full extent of the law--- Especially because they asked- and were refused- permission to break the law before they went ahead and did it anyway.
And what did it add to Gregory's presentation? It isn't like he loaded the thing up and showed us how fast he could fire 30 rounds without having to change mags twice.
Damn-- I hate that the Daily Show & Colbert are off this week.
Jim
Jim Elbrecht wrote:

Nah, he's got an unassailable defense. He surrenders the object he showed and, lo and behold, it doesn't have a spring or a follower. Presto! It's not a (functioning) magazine - it's a bit of folded sheet metal.

"Daily Show"? "Colbert"? Are these some sort of cooking program or what?

-snip-
Nah-- Couldn't be. he *said* it was a 30 rd mag. Did he lie to us? [and to the representative of the NRA?] for shame.

I would advise you *not* to go to comedycentral.com and watch an episode of either show- it will make your head explode. The Daily show is an equal opportunity skewer-er- [though Fox news is often funnier than CNN\MSNBC]- Colbert maintains a persona of a RW wacko so it is a little harder for him to poke the left, but he gets there sometimes.
Both are faux [note the small 'f'] news shows. The Daily show has been so successful that rumor has it that CNN is hiring its originator to do their own show opposite comedy central's offering. [again-- the rumor came out after the Daily show went on hiatus, so the world was cheated out of a good 30 seconds of TV]
Jim
On 12-29-2012 16:26, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I watched the "December highlights." Mildly amusing, but if those are the highlights, the overall show must be boring.
The following didn't make me laugh either--but it was funnier than Colbert:
<http://www.ocregister.com/opinion/gregory-381940-gun-laws.html
--
Wes Groleau

------

I believe the DC law covers anything that can easily be converted, as well. You can't just stuff a block in a "high" capacity magazine and make it legal. Add a spring and a hunk of wood to a shoebox...
Gregory also "menaced" with an "assault weapon". Even if it wasn't real...

I haven't seen them on HGTV. SWMBO is always watching it.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 16:29:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

You are right
DC High Capacity Ammunition Magazines – D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01
(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition. The term large capacity ammunition feeding device shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition..”
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 06:47:03 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

There was one report that it was a prop. Time will tell...

Projection from the lefty, again. Must suck to be so shallow. You and Douggie are quite the pair.

That's why they've elected 30 Republican governors, most of whom are well on the right? That's why there are far more Republican state legislatures than Democratic? You really are an idiot, but everyone here already knows that. Well, except perhaps Douggie.
On Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:37:16 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

What I do know is you are the idiot. The public already wants some changes in gun ownership and the Supreme Court does not agree with the right to bear ANY arms.

No, Gouggie, you know nothing. That has been quite well proven here.

You're an idiot, Douggie but there is no one contesting that, either.
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 01:16:18 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Well I have numerous sources that will back me up along with CNN legal. Tell me where your facts come from ?

You find another idiot, who happens to have the same fantasy, and you declare victory. Two votes doesn't determine the law, moron. Now run along and do some more research on CDC.COM.
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 11:30:48 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Forget about CDC... there are many more I didn't mention. So what are your reputable sources? Still waiting to hear them so I can research them <grin>.

Douggie, Douggie, Dougge, are you saying that you were lying? That the CDC really didn't say anything about the Constitutional aspects of gun ownership? Are you now admitting that you were simply appealing to authority (where none existed)? I'm shocked! Shocked, I tell 'ya.

I already gave them to you, but you won't read. No surprise, your little mind couldn't comprehend anything BO didn't put in his talking points.

Douggie, you're lying again (I can tell because you're using your keyboard).
On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:39:36 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I guess you didn't read the CDC....wait I forgot you don't read. I'm not shocked now.

No, Douggie, I didn't see *anything* on the CDC site about the Constitutionality of carrying handguns. OTOH, I'm not shocked, at all, that you said you did. Liars do that sort of thing.
On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 00:18:14 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

And people who can't read call others liars.

IKWYABWAI.
No, Douggie, you *are* a proven liar. How's your reading of the Constitutional issues of gun ownership coming at CDC.GOV? Is your research done yet?