OT: Help with project

First, here's an ad on Houston Craiglist - Free
------------ I have around 60 bowling balls in my garage. Some are in good shape, others not so much. Some have holes drilled, others not. If you are a true bowler I wouldn't bother inquiring, no bowling alley I have spoken with wants them even for FREE because they have been outside.
These would be perfect for an artist or a person with an eccentric nature... maybe use them to decorate the yard.
THE CATCH! YOU HAVE TO TAKE ALL OF THE BALLS GOOD OR BAD! You will need a pickup truck to haul them off at once, otherwise it might take or a few trips.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY ASKING FOR ONE BALL. ITS THE LOT OF THEM, OR NONE.
------- Second, some time back I lived in an apartment. The apartment house had a trash can next to the mailboxes so the tenants could ditch their junk mail conveniently. But some people put other stuff in the can.
Specifically, they put dog poo.
This so irritated the maintenance man, that he found a clever solution.
Somebody tossed away a grill. He captured the round grill top which fit perfectly over the mail-area trash can. He put an eye-hook on one side and a padlock on the other. Junk mail would fit through the 2" slats of the grill, but not much else. His job then became easier and, of course, more sanitary.
One evening, on my trip to the dumpster, I found a bowling bag. In it is a ball. Like Tom Sawyer's dead cat, this is something you've just got to have. Of course the question immediately arises: "What can one do with the odd bowling ball?"
Zip to the mailboxes. Fiddle with the eye-hook and get the grill open. Place the bowling ball in the can and cover with two days worth of junk mail. Replace the hook. I never knew the maintenance guy's reaction - it couldn't possibly be as good as my imagination.
--
Third. Can anybody think of a project involving about a half-ton of bowling
balls? So far, I\'ve come up with:
HeyBub wrote:

About 27yrs ago I saw a bowling ball in a rummage sale for 25. My intent was to shoot it in one of the finger holes and see how it blew up. Then I picked it up and the holes had been made for me. As recently as last year when my daughter and I used to go bowling for our Daddy Night outings that's the ball I used.
Plus I would no longer want to use BBs for targets. Round, hard surfaces can bounce bullets in unexpected directions. After a ricochet off of a golf ball went a few feet over my head I've become more conservative with my targets.

5 of those desktop gadgets that demonstrate transfer of momentum.
Evenly coated with peanut butter and perfectly balanced on a gutter with one diameter of that heavy-duty fly paper at the bottom, each ball becomes the legenday better mouse trap.
--
"The wise Man draws more Advantage from his Enemies,
than the Fool from his Friends."
Trenton G. Twining wrote:

Good, good (scribble-scribble).
wrote: [...]

Are you old enough to remember watching the Captain Kangaroo show as a child? If so, does that start a train of reflection in your mind?
--
Regards,
Doug Miller wrote:

I have a vague image of a closet door ...
- Jim
Doug Miller wrote: ...

If a train is that close, whether it is a reflection or not may be problematical. If it *is* then what the #%@# is behind the mirror I am about to bash into? :)
--
Fui et vidi experiri.
=DSM=

Doug Miller wrote:

Use them to kill kangaroos? How would that work?

Giant slingshot.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
There should be some well casing that would fit them well enough to make a cannon out of.
Long Ranger wrote:

That's what the original sabots were, with round cannon balls.
I think you need a class III license for a cannon.
- Jim

Nope. Not with black powder. YMMV depending on the state.
Jim Casey wrote:

Nah. Plenty of people have made bowling-ball blackpowder cannons. google it for the video

Get some concrete mortar and build a decorative wall?
Garden border would work too.
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

8). Drop them in a favorite lake as a fish structure. 9). Put them in the pig pin as hog toys.
Save your ammo!
The high power rocketry folks use them in ontests.
Heave a 16 pound bowling ball to 10,000 feet altitude.
A lot of olks have one it.
HeyBub wrote:

I had an editor once who was a devout Catholic. She and her fam traveled to famous Catholic places in the US when they vacationed. One place was a rosary made from bowling balls. Reputedly the largest rosary in existence. This excited the entire fam.
You can make one bigger if your balls are big enough.

That actually sounds very cool! I used to make sterling silver rosaries when I was selling on ebay weekly.

<cough>
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
After mulling all the possibilities, my son and I decided to put the bowling balls in abandoned Target shopping carts, one per cart. We figured since Target doesn't allow Salvation Army Santas to collect donations, we'd give something directly to the store.
The bowling balls, however, had already found a new home before we were able to implement our plans.
Anyway, thanks for all the really good suggestions.

And what is said don-ee going to do with them, or did they say? :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.
In article