OT Heart Attack Grill

..man actually has a heart attack during his meal at Heart Attack Grill

Video:

Weigh 350 pounds? You eat for free.

Reply to
Oren

Did it stop the other customers from eating?

Reply to
harry

harry wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@w9g2000vbv.googlegroups.com:

Probably not, since eating at Heart Attack Grill does not cause heart attacks.

That was a funny story (sort of), anyway.

Reply to
Tegger

The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that this is another publicity or extortion stunt. Remember the Wendy's "fingertip" chili?

As for eating causing heart attacks, I've actually read in several studies that eating a very fatty meal can be the trigger for one.

Robert Green

They asked 2,000 victims if they remembered eating a large meal within 2 hours before the attack. Approximately 1% said yes. That doesn't sound like scientific proof.

There are reasons eating could trigger an attack. Any bulk in the stomach can affect the vegas nerve, which controls the heart. Eating may raise insulin levels, which can increase pulse and blood pressure. Some medications increase this effect.

Reply to
J Burns

one opened here in Dallas and has since closed after less than a year. its a gimmick food joint and they usually don't last long

Reply to
ChairMan

Another obvious leftist attempt to smear Fox news. Was a Fox News crew on the scene during the Wendy's "figertip chili" incident? No. Was a Fox News crew on the scene during the Heart Attack Grill incident? No. The video of the man being wheeled away is clearly marked "amateur video" and was probably taken by someone with a cell phone or similar. Fox News did show up later to cover the story. I'll bet other news organizations covered it as well. After all, they are news organizations.....

Could it all have been staged? Possible, but unlikely. It's not clear to me how you're going to get anywhere if you're not really having a heart attack. Whether or not you really had one will be easily established at the ER. If you're faking it, you're gonna have a hell of a lot of trouble and likely some expense just to prove yourself a fake with no chance at a pot of money.

Reply to
trader4

Exactly. I guess Bobby thinks the way news organizations wind up at fires, car accidents, etc, is that the owners of the buildings and cars usually call them. Lots of news organizations also advertise their numbers to call with breaking news.

On what basis did he conclude that Fox had the clear lead on the story? Did he even have any idea how other news organizations covered it? The video of the man being taken away is clearly marked "amateur video". It was likely taken by someone at the scene with a cell phone or similar. So, apparently that person's video wound up at a news organization. Nothing surprising about that at all. The story is obviously an interesting one and Fox sent a crew to interview the owner, employees, etc. I would not be surprised to find out that other news organizations did the same thing.

Whether they did or didn't isn't even material. It's hard to make a case that this is a stunt to collect money. A heartattack isn't a phoney finger tip. At the ER it's going to be quickly determined if the heart attack is real or not. And if it's not, the guy isn't likely to collect a dime.

The above article and a number of

Sure, in some cases. But when you get to the ER and they quickly determine that you're not having a heart attack, which is the first thing they're gonna do, then what? Dooh!

Reply to
trader4

That's what passes for news nowadays. That and who threw up on American Idol.

If it was/is some sort of scam or publicity stunt, I doubt EMS would be "in on it."

Ironically, even though that guy might have really gotten ill there, a lot of what I've read indicates that the story's probably going to increase HAG's business overall. You know what they say: "There's no such thing as bad publicity." Maybe it's true.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

Trader Chet misguidedly replied:

I've finally figured you out, Chet. You skim read until you come across what you think is a "lib" trigger word and then you go off, usually not knowing WTF you are talking about. What you missed (or deliberately snipped) was what I also wrote in that post:

"I watch Fox News all the time and it's nowhere near as biased as its detractors claim."

And yet your political rabies only allows you to impugn a slur against Fox where none exists. This is the primary reason logical discussions with you are next to impossible. You can't understand what you read and respond primarily to your own imaginings, not what people actually write.

Since your rabies has blinded you, I'll micro-explain for you that I was suggesting that a news crew already or very rapidly on the scene implies some sort of pre-meditation. It didn't matter whether it was Fox or PBS. Fox (or any news org) being on-scene rapidly suggests *someone* may have called them in advance because heart attack victims move out very quickly to the ER. That's the *logical* assumption from what I wrote.

The rabid partisan Trader Chet assumption is that I am a liberal and therefore I must hate Fox. I have news for you - there are plenty of people on both sides who like both networks, like me, and plenty who like neither.

Remember for the future: I like Fox News and those who say it is biased probably don't watch it. I don't detect any significant Republican bias in their reporting in DC - if anything, they are pro-Obama here. I also like the PBS NewsHour because it's obsessively balanced and much more detailed than broadcast network news.

That must make your binary brain explode. "Likes BOTH PBS and FOX? How - can -- that - be?" Is your brain going to explode like on Star Trek when they always seem able to blow up a computer with a conflicting data set?

Watching Fox AND PBS is part of being an independent - getting news from more than one source - or bloviator. You should try it - no maybe not - it might cause conniptions. Too much for a political monomaniac to embrace at once.

Trader, I'm afraid the world is NOT as they taught you at the Walt Disney School of Cartoon Politics. There are real people and shades of gray everywhere. Neither the Republican nor the Democratic hard-core base is going to win the 2012 election. It's people like me who've voted either side of the aisle all their lives because they're trying to elect the most competent people, not ideologues.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I read what you wrote. And here it is:

"The fact that a Fox news crew was "on the scene" leads me to believe that this is another publicity or extortion stunt. Remember the Wendy's "fingertip" chili? "

For the record, what you posted is untrue. AFAIK, the Fox News team was NOT there when the incident occured. If they were, kindly provide proof or STFU.

Nothing I have seen indicates they were on the scene. The video clearly says "amateur video" on the portion where the incident is happening. How much later Fox and any other news organizations arrived, I don't know. Neither do you. Last time I checked, news organizations are very much interested in rapidly responding to stories they consider newsworthy. That implies nothing, despite your attempts to make it so.

=A0It didn't matter whether it was Fox or PBS.

Again, nothing I've seen suggests Fox or any other news organization was there when the incident happened. Why do you make up crap?

There is no assumption that you are a liberal. It's a well established fact. Are you ashamed of it?

Please, give us a break. I could count on my fingers the number of far left libs like you that like Fox News.

Reply to
trader4