OT: Health insurance

Page 7 of 11  
wrote:

What are the taxes per year on a $200,000 house where you live and how many sf would be in that $200,000 house?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

House #1 (current rented => under contract) $270K $1300/yr 2600sf House #2 (living in it) $210K $2500/yr $3600 sf
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 6:48:35 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

et>

For our lib from NJ, who thinks NJ is just peachy keen with regard to taxes, I have a 3100 sf house with a market value of about $550K and I' m paying $11,000/yr. And just for comparison, we have a 7% sales tax, an income tax that most people are paying 3%+, to a max of 8%, taxes on the transfer of real estate (separate from any capital gains, which you also pay tax in NJ on), a special 1% tax on the full amount of any house sale over $1 mil, etc.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:19:36 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

t>

.net>

One thing is 1000% predictable, and I've seen this over & over: Anyone who uses the term "lib" is not worth dialoging with (excuse ending sentence w ith preposition-- but if it was good enough for Churchill...!)
HB
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

and here I thought you loved the tea party
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 12:46:55 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson

You're probably right. It's not worth a lib's time trying to get educated. Not possible.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Wed, 21 Aug 2013 06:19:36 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

neighboring city and had a similar house my taxes would drop to $2000 a year. I think what I'm paying is ridiculously high.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On 8/24/2013 11:41 PM, Ashton Crusher wrote:

That's what you get for marrying an older woman like Demi Moore. ^_^
TDD
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sun, 25 Aug 2013 05:25:17 -0500, The Daring Dufas

We're no longer together. Was fun while it lasted.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Friday, August 16, 2013 4:45:34 PM UTC-4, net cop wrote:

Look at your property tax bill. Look at your income tax bill. Look at your 7% sales tax bill. Look at the new taxes levied on real estate sales. It's people like you that the politicians love. They take your money, piss it away, put the state $50bil in debt, and as long as you have a nice house and some dumb magazine says your town is great, you're too dumb to know that you're getting screwed.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote:

Because you have no idea what things are like elsewhere?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

No, because the word "crushing" has meaning. As for knowing how things are like elsewhere, see my other post mister ten times more.
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

How strange that the liberals in CA decided decades ago to put a "cap" on property taxes
and before you start about CA being Bankrupt, it has problems, but they have mostly been dealt with
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Ah, you replied to an idiot. He went in my KF a long time ago.
Anyway, I'm living in the 6th best community in the USA. Money magazine says so. (Yep Berkeley Heights just moved up the list and we're all bragging about it.)
--
Dan Espen

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Friday, August 16, 2013 4:50:53 PM UTC-4, net cop wrote:

This guy says California's problems have been mostly dealt with, and you say someone else is the idiot? Good grief. CA is going broke thanks to all the lib loons that have turned it into the classic socialist welfare hell.

Who the hell cares what some half-assed magazine, that bases their ratings on whatever they feel like says? Did they factor in that NJ has one of the highest income tax rates? The highest property taxes? High auto insurance rates? A 7% sales tax? Businesses that either have left the state or not expanding and already have one foot out the door? That we're sending our hard earned money to places like Camden, and Newark, so they get more per student than places like your cherished Berkley Heights and the kids 20 years and billions later are still dumb as ever? Good grief! It doesn't take much to fool some people.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

well it was those same loons that protected people from rapidly rising property taxes, but in any event, CA is not going broke

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Saturday, August 17, 2013 1:21:45 AM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

Classic lib denial.
http://reason.com/archives/2012/07/20/california-goes-bankrupt
"First Vallejo, then Stockton, then Mammoth Lakes, and now San Bernardino a nd soon possibly Compton. As Orange County Supervisor John Moorlach told Bl oomberg News, the bankruptcy dominoes are starting to fall. One California city after another—following a decade-long spree of ramping up public-emp loyee pay and pension benefits, as well as redevelopment debt—are becomin g insolvent.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/california-slipping-toward-bankruptcy-again/a rticle/1159341
California slipping toward bankruptcy, again
California is going broke. Again. The state controller has estimated that t he state will run out of money sometime this month. California will need to find $3 billion in cuts or revenues to keep the state in the black through the rest of this fiscal year.
And next year looks even worse. California's Legislative Analyst Office pr ojects that, even with billions in one-time revenues from Facebook's impend ing IPO, Gov. Jerry Brown's budget will run a $6.5 billion deficit.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- One of the nation's top credit rating agencies said F riday that it expects more municipal bankruptcies and defaults in Californi a, the nation's largest issuer of municipal bonds.
Moody's Investors Service said in a report that the growing fiscal distress in many California cities was putting bondholders at risk.
The service announced that it will undertake a wide-ranging review of munic ipal finances in the nation's most populous state because of what it sees a s a growing threat of insolvency.
The report has both investors and government leaders worried.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

but cities aren't the state, does that fact elude you. I don't see you celebrating Michigan going bankrupt or Alabama, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island or Idaho
List of Bankruptcy Filings Since January 2010
All Municipal Bankruptcy Filings: 36
General-Purpose Local Government Bankruptcy Filings (8): -- City of Detroit -- City of San Bernardino, Calif. -- Town of Mammoth Lakes, Calf. (Dismissed) -- City of Stockton, Calif. -- Jefferson County, Ala. -- City of Harrisburg, Pa. (Dismissed) -- City of Central Falls, R.I. -- Boise County, Idaho (Dismissed)

I have a mortgage which is an unfunded obligation yet I am not in danger of going bankrupt, neither are the millions of people who have credit cards, new cars or even education loans

that's still almost 9 months old...seems to me if California is in such danger of going bankrupt there would be something much more recent

you said the State, not cities. California as a state is not responsible for the debts the cities incur or their lack of responsible managing
BOTH the cities and state are drowning in

because you limbaughnistas refuse to deal with current events. The state has unfunded liabilities but is nowhere close to filing for bankruptcy. But I guess all those wonderful republican technical systems the state tried to use, the bridge that was built with defective bolts, etc are all the fault of liberals

ah, the old class warfare gambit, because I really give a shit about how much money you make, what limbaugnistas you support or that you would prefer all the children to grow up with substandard educations, housing and medical care
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
wrote in message

Having children is an option. If people decide to exercise that option all the things you mention save education are the obligation of the parents, not the state (everyone else).
Even education is partially the responsibility of the parents; they are obligated to see that their offspring actually attend school; to see that they do their homework; to answer questions and explain; to encourage and praise; to discipline.
IOW, they are obligated to do more than just inseminate and give birth; they are obligated to be PARENTS.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:54:44 PM UTC-4, Malcom Mal Reynolds wrote:

Because those states are not in the dire financial straights that California is. Do you see major business magazines, newspapers, financial rating institutions all saying that Idaho is piled asshole deep to a 10 ft elephant in unfunded liabilities that they probably can't ever pay?

Good grief, you're dumb. You look at half of the equation. If you have a m ortgage for $2mil on a house that's worth $1mil, you have $100K in credit c ard debt, owe $75K on a new Mercedes and you're income is just $100K. Jus t ask people who did exactly that and went bankrupt. It's not that CA has unfunded liabilities, it's that they are huge and out of control because they have been piling up unsupportable amounts of debt for a long time.
The USA is in the process of doing the same thing. And your typical, asinine response is right above for all to see. Just ignore it. The USA debt level is now at about $250K for every family in America. That is more than the worth of most people's homes. It's approaching levels we haven't seen since WWII relative to the economies ability to support it. Back then, it was do it or die. Today we're just piling it on to pour down one rat hole after another.
>

You really are the village idiot. It's like doctors one after the other telling you that you have diabetes for years. Then you argue that because the last one that I happen to show you is 9 months old, it's invalid? Are you really that dumb?

CA doesn't just have unfunded liabilities, they have HUGE unfunded liabilities that are in fact the kind that have already forced those CA cities into bankruptcy. It's not Rush saying it, it's major business magazines, newspapers, financial analysts that are sounding the alarm bell.
But I guess all those wonderful republican technical

Republicans? Good grief: From Wikipedia:
"The California State Legislature currently has a Democratic supermajority, with the Senate consisting of 28 Democrats and 12 Republicans and the Asse mbly consisting of 55 Democrats and 25 Republicans. Except for the period f rom 1995 to 1996, the Assembly has been in Democratic hands since the 1970 election (even while the governor's office has gone back and forth between Republicans and Democrats). The Senate has been in Democratic hands continu ously since 1970."
And then you make the typical mistake of countering any charge levied against libs with "but Republicans did this". Republicans and conservatives are not necessarily the same thing. Schwarzenegger for one, is not a conservative. Not that a few conservatives could change anything in CA.
It's really something. The founding fathers gave the states strong independence and self governance so they could do what they want. You have 50 states to watch. You can see the results of what failed policies have produced in some states and how other states have avoided it. Instead of learning, you libs just want to deny the failures, all the bad policies, and in fact spread them to the whole country. It's happening right now.

You only care about how much money I make to the extent that you have more of it to grab for pouring it down your lib rat holes. As for children growing up with substandard education, we conservatives have long been in favor of school vouchers. Give parents a voucher that they can use at the public school or any private school of their choice. That would give parents in failing, violent, out of control schools the choice to put their kids in better schools. But of course, you libs won't have any part of that because you insist that. Yet, here you are, bitching about substandard schools. Go figure.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.