OT: Health care struck down

Page 2 of 16
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 14:51:54 -0800 (PST), BobR

they can mandate you to have kids, or pay more taxes than those with kids do.

I would probably say they are encouraging you to have kids more than mandating it but you aren't too far off. I have always thought of the child credit as assistance or acknowlegement of the added expense of children.
On Tue, 1 Feb 2011 20:18:28 -0800 (PST), BobR

probably right. works for healthcare, too.

a deduction for kids. those of us who dont have kids either have to have 'em or pay higher taxes
On 2/2/2011 7:25 PM, bpuharic wrote:

The expense of the kid far exceeds the deduction. I like kids and all, and regret that life did not offer me that adventure. But they ain't cheap.
--
aem sends...

By many many times and it doesn't end when they reach the age where you can not longer claim a deduction for them.
BobR wrote:

Southern black farmer was interviewed on TV. The dude had, like, twelve children. The reporter asked:
"How can you support that many children?"
The answer was simple: "When dey turns eighteen, I breaks der plate."

I like it but my wife has differing opinions.
BobR wrote:

So does our Congress in its infinite wisdom. A kid was 26 according to the now defunct health care insurance law.
BobR wrote:

Does she have a plate?

Yes and if I want food on mine.....

the expense of being uninsured far exceeds the deduction.
I like kids and all,

nor is not having health insurance
On 2/3/2011 7:40 PM, bpuharic wrote:

You're missing the point. If the PTB feel there is an overriding societal need for everyone to have health insurance, set up a gov-chartered single payer system. You don't HAVE to have a car (if you are willing to live in town, at least), and you don't HAVE to have kids. So to a degree, the expenses associated with those are voluntary. IMHO, the current POTUS and company want national health insurance so bad they can taste it, but decided the only way to get people to clamor for it was to make these halfway steps as annoying as possible. After a few years, single-payer will look like an improvement.
--
aem sends...

That is the same conclusion I reached some time ago and it disgusts the hell out of me. Is this really the kind of government of the people, by the people and for the people that we want? Its not the one I want.

another mandate!

I should really hope that it doesn't pass but I also felt the same way about mandating that people must buy health insurance even if they didn't want to or didn't feel like they could afford to.

i know. i get it.
thanks
A SD State "lawmaker" has introduced a bill which would allow the murder of abortion providers to be considered as justifiable homicide.
It should also be noted that Sen. Inhofe of SD thinks that global warming is the "greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." Great little state they got out theah.
Higgs Boson wrote:

Not new. Texas provides for the use of deadly force to protect a third party.

Most people think that "global warming" is a hoax. So much so, that there is now no such thing as "global warming." It's new name is "climate change."
On 2/17/2011 11:37 PM, Higgs Boson wrote:

the "greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people." Great little state they got out theah.Unfortunately you are wrong about the idiot Sen. Inhofe. He is one more of the idiots from Oklahoma, not from South Dakota. I would like to be able to disclaim him, but I can't.
Bill