OT: Hats for Adults Use Only??

I was in Lowe's yesterday and picked up a few acrylic knit hats (what we called Watch Caps in the Navy). I planned to give one to my toddler grandson but noticed the label inside the hat said "Adult Use Only."
What's that all about?
I was in Lowe's yesterday and picked up a few acrylic knit hats (what we called Watch Caps in the Navy) that were marked down. I planned to give one to my toddler grandson but noticed the label inside the hat said "Adult Use Only."
What's that all about?

Out of control lawyers working for chinese manufacturers.

It might not be fire resistant.

It might not be fire resistant.
Head fires are common this time of year.

cite?

re: cite?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK-afmrSzWA&NR=1

especially if they are not using the tin foil liner...

My friend got a burned head on Christmas day...

a moose once bit my sister
"hr(bob) wrote
>I was in Lowe's yesterday and picked up a few acrylic knit hats (what we

Bingo! That and the tag may not be as tightly attached (choking hazard). Just take the tag off and dont stick the kid's head in a fire (grin).

Perhaps it is also toxic. -- fibers made from toxic waste colored with lead paint.
Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

Contains Melamine?

In that case, you need to place a dozen opened jars of baby food around. It's well known that baby food attracts melamine.
nothing like the feeling of a watch cap on a freshly buzzed head..
Sharp Dressed Man wrote:

Probably new federal regs about dyes used in fabric/textiles for children......I saw mention of it on a blog, but didn't read much. Kiddies chew on everything, of course, and who wants their tyke turning blue around the mouth from chewing on a Watch Cap (haven't seen one of those in years and years). P-coats (from surplus store?) were a fashion statement when I was young :o)