OT Hats and bad manners. What's up

Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them in restaurants.
I can understand hiding baldness, skin cancer etc. But, the sun doesn't shine inside an eating establishment and most buildings.
Walk into any restaurant and you can see at least a dozen guys with baseball caps. Unbelievable!
Ivan Vegvary
On Fri, 7 Mar 2014 21:53:49 -0800 (PST), Ivan Vegvary

We come from a different generation where manners mattered. I'm just a couple of years younger than you but I was taught to remove my hat when you go indoors. I still do. Yes, I have a bald head and I'm not trying to hide it.
The trend of wearing the cap backwards seems to be on the wane though. That was the most idiotic thing I've seen.
Oh, just as dumb looking are the knit pull over hats a lot of guys are wearing. OK, they give good protection from the cold, but they look really stupid while eating in a restaurant.
Per Ed Pawlowski:

It does have function sometimes - although I'd say that 99.9% of the people doing it do not need that function.
Going into a wind, the cap is much less likely to blow off if the bill is backwards.
--
Pete Cresswell

On Saturday, March 8, 2014 6:44:59 AM UTC-6, (PeteCresswell) wrote:

...and your neck won't get sunburn! "Rednecks" need not apply! {8¬)>
deg, intelligence= zero. Secret weapon designed by the CIA.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Hi, Ditto. Guys walking into church wearing head gears, sun glasses at dining table, etc. I don't care what they do in their home but when out....
On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

What about white gloves for church? White shoes after Labor Day?

What about wearing a jacket and tie, or a dress, to funerals? My friend, who has somehow already been to several funerals for high school classmates, says Blacks are the only ones who do that now.
On 3/8/2014 11:03 AM, snipped-for-privacy@msn.com wrote:

Having been to a couple LDS / Mormon funerals, I did see some white crackers in suits.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Is is true Americans think McDonalds is a restaurant?
When it is zero degrees out, it is amazing how a hat can help you feel warm.. Even indoors.
Mark
On Friday, March 7, 2014 10:53:49 PM UTC-7, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Who gives a Red Rat's Ass as to who wears what? Geez, if I want to wear a cap or hat while in an eating establishment, I'll do it. Like it or lump it...it's my business. ==
On Saturday, March 8, 2014 2:47:03 PM UTC-6, Roy wrote:

I agree with Roy. If a person wearing a hat indoors offends your sensibilities, then you have one messed-up set of sensibilities. Get a life and let others have theirs.
rOn Sat, 8 Mar 2014 21:08:45 -0800 (PST), Nicholas Kriho

Maybe a little clarification is needed. Wearing at hat while in Home Depot, McDonalds, or the line at the Post Office is not a big deal and I'd not even notice. If I'm at a really nice restaurant, it would show you are uncouth and lacking good manners.
I won't challenge your constitutional right to do so, but I may also be forming a rather poor opinion of you. Don't show up in my office the next day applying for a manager position because I'll pass right over you. Apply for a job at the car wash, you may be considered.
Like it or not, that is the way our society works. You won't see bankers, judges, doctors, wearing baseball caps while at work. We form opinions and draw conclusions from first appearances.
On 3/8/2014 12:53 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:

Broad-brim hats (with sun glasses?) are rather goofy looking indoors. My greatest peeves are tight shorts with suggestive sayings on them on LITTLE GIRLS. After that, low rider jeans with fat gut hanging out.
As far as baseball hats go, there is really no handy place to park them in a restaurant, although leaving it in a car would work. Don't bother me at all, and three grandsons and one son go through a range of styles. Good grooming makes the greatest difference, IMO.
Last week, went out for Chinese buffet, local restaurant. Technically challenged old woman turned on her speaker phone, loud, to listen to her messages. Forgiven, almost, due to advanced age.

There are places in the food bar arena, that specify no hats.
Greg