OT - Harry, are you going anyway...

...just to see if he shows up?

Organizers for the 2012 ceremony recently asked the manager of The Who if legendary drummer Keith Moon would be able to perform at the London Games. It was a fine idea, except that Moon has been dead for 34 years.

Red Green

I think they looked at Keith Richards who LOOKS like he has been dead 34 years and decided to chance it. (g).

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

snip

Must be the "prestige" that goes with being the sponsor city. Every event just tries to top the previous one, no matter the cost in money or inconvenience of the neighbors.

The event is just a big spectacle to showcase the best athletes money can buy. At least with SAT TV we have a big choice of things to watch during that time.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That's what you get when you host the olypics in an islamic country...

Reply to
Home Guy

And here's the kicker, they had to make special changes in the law to allow the shooting sports to be held! To possess a .22 pistol there is akin to an American owning an ICBM!

Reply to
G. Morgan

He'll probably be there in "spirit"

Reply to
Attila.Iskander

Their national shooting teams have had to practice on the continent, since they can NOT practice in England

Reply to
Attila.Iskander