OT: Guns in America

Page 9 of 16

I assume you mean it in the same way as me though....
--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9

On 03/10/2016 08:50 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

It was you Brits who thought it was a good idea to bring Africans to North America to pick your tobacco. Want them back with interest? You can have their community organizer too.

The US is precisely the same. Your president is a Muslim.
--
Maybe "god" doesn't really care about religions, which were, after all, created by men... just like "god" was.

On 03/10/2016 09:55 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

No, he's a Christian. They're even worse. Turn the other cheek my ass.
On 3/10/2016 10:20 PM, rbowman wrote:

We all only have 4 cheeks, ya know.
--
Maggie

Sure? https://youtu.be/PqosS6DBwhA
--
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire. -- US Air Force training manual.

He doesn't know what he is.
"Obama was baptized into the United Church of Christ (UCC) denomination and formally joined it in 1988.[6] He left the UCC in 2008 because of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright controversy.[7] He now worships with a Southern Baptist pastor at Camp David but has not become a formal member of any church since 2008.[8]
Though Obama is a practicing Christian[9][10][11] and he was chiefly raised by his mother and her Christian parents, his father Barack Obama, Sr., with whom he lived only as a baby, was a Muslim-turned-atheist, and his stepfather Lolo Soetoro with whom he lived during his early childhood was a nominal Muslim. This familial connection to Islam, among other things, is a basis of claims that Obama secretly practices Islam."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_religion_conspiracy_theories#Claims_that_Obama_secretly_practices_Islam
--
Maybe "god" doesn't really care about religions, which were, after all, created by men... just like "god" was.

Certainly you would agree that guns should be taken away from the people who do the most harm with them.
Far and away governments have killed more people with guns than any individual or group of individuals. Logically it then follows that we need to get guns out of the hands of governments.

Our police are normally not armed.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

That's a good start.

Trouble is they aren't armed with a brain either.
--
Next time you wave at me, use more than one finger please.

On 13/03/2016 18:09, Mr Macaw wrote:

Just as well they aren't armed then :-)
--
Bod

Our police are normally not armed.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

Until a gun owner who doesn't, allows someone to shoot you.

Not on purpose, but those things are useful.

Not on purpose. Do you think people never make mistakes?

Again, do you think people never make mistakes? I take great care to shut windows and not answer the door when parrots are flying around, yet a couple have escaped. People make mistakes, we are not robots following a program.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

Yes, but a gun is FAR more dangerous than any other tool.

And one day you will make a mistake. The burglar, or your kid, will get hold of it and kill you.

Actually, on about 7 occasions throughout my life, if I'd had a gun in my pocket, I would have shot somebody. When people piss me off I want to take revenge.

Define "double tap".

Sounds like the centre is more sensible than you....

I've never had what I'd call food poisoning. Sure, I've had trapped wind, but what does food poisoning feel like?

If you have balls of steel that isn't required.
--
Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and newsgroups are nothing like Shakespeare

Until a gun owner who doesn't, allows someone to shoot you.

Not on purpose, but those things are useful.

Not on purpose. Do you think people never make mistakes?

Again, do you think people never make mistakes? I take great care to shut windows and not answer the door when parrots are flying around, yet a couple have escaped. People make mistakes, we are not robots following a program.
--
Today's woman puts on wigs, fake eyelashes, false fingernails, sixteen pounds of assorted make-up/shadows/blushes/creams, living bras, various pads that would make a linebacker envious, has implants and assorted other surgeries, then complains that she cannot find a "real" man.

On 03/10/2016 09:49 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I thought I detected a whiff of parrot shit in your posts...

It doesn't smell. Cat shit smells. I have those too, but they do it my neighbour's garden.
--
"Click cancel to discontinue starting" - Mac OS 9

On 3/10/2016 9:58 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

If you can guarantee no guns would EVER enter the US legally or illegally, I would consider agreeing. The problem is, you can't and guns will ALWAYS be in the hands of criminals. Therefore, armed citizens is the answer. You don't want to own or carry a gun to protect yourself, so be it, but others are smarter than you.

If guns are difficult to obtain, the overall deaths from them diminsih significantly (proved by my link). The problem in America is so many people have guns that everyone wants one to protect themselves form any nutters who have one.
--
In 1839, the imperial Chinese commissioner Lin Zexu wrote a letter to Queen Victoria warning that, unless the British stopped supplying opium to China, he would cut off rhubarb supplies to Britain, killing everyone through mass constipation.