OT: Guns in America

Page 7 of 16
On 03/10/2016 01:03 PM, Bod wrote:

Yeah, you got your own bullshit artist. His support crew is armed to the teeth and he never leaves home without them.
On 11/03/2016 04:00, rbowman wrote:

I keep hearing this, but no one has shown me a cite about it. It may be true, but it's nice to have some confirmation. >
--
Bod

Experience of lets shoot everything that moves proves nothing.
--
Reading while sunbathing makes you well red.

He's watched a couple of David Attenborough videos...
On 11/03/2016 03:58, rbowman wrote:

*reminder*>> "Only 3 bear deaths per year in the USA on average". That equates to less than 1 per 100 million people.
By comparison: "Over 600 accidental shooting deaths per year in the USA."
http://listosaur.com/miscellaneous/top-5-causes-of-accidental-death-in-the-united-states/
--
Bod

And if he grabbed your gun, you're in deep shit.
--
A chicken crossing the road is poultry in motion.

The person with the faster reactions wins. The bad guy has the element of surprise, and it's his job to shoot people. You lose.
--
"I can't find a cause for your illness," the doctor said. "Frankly, I think it's due to drinking."
"In that case," replied his blonde patient, "I'll come back when you're sober."

The wildlife biologists that study grizzlies in the wild prefer 12 gauge pumps with alternate buckshot and slugs.

And when the dangerous critter shoots first, you die.
--
Heaven forbid that we allow men and women to become heroes.
Too many regulations exist to keep cowards from being embarrassed.

No need over here, as criminals rarely have guns.
--
PNEUMONOULTRAMICROSCOPICSILICOVOLCANOCONIOSIS (45 letters, a lung disease caused by breathing in particles of siliceous volcanic dust) is the longest word in the English language, beating TETRAMETHYLDIAMINOBENZHYDRYLPHOSPHINOUS ACID, HEPATICOCHOLANGIOCHOLECYSTENTEROSTOMIES, FORMALDEHYDETETRAMETHYLAMIDOFLUORIMUM, and DIMETHYLAMIDOPHENYLDIMETHYLPYRAZOLONE.

Oh, you've found a single example. Your country has ONE HUNDRED times as many gun deaths per head of population.
--
If you believe in creation as espoused in the Bible, then Adam and Eve's children would actually have had to have sex with one another for the earth to have become populated.

This is surely proof positive that Alabama was at one time the Garden of Eden.

Why would he expect to have to be vigilant in his own country when he's not on duty fighting a war? Muslims shouldn't be in this country.
--
Paddy and his wife are lying in bed and the neighbours' dog is barking like mad in the garden.
Paddy says "To hell with this!" and storms off.
On 03/10/2016 12:06 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Just knives. Ever been cut?

Yes, it's not usually deadly.
--
How do you scare a man?
Sneak up behind him and start throwing rice.
On 03/10/2016 09:55 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Gotta die somehow.

Not necessarily.
--
How do you scare a man?
Sneak up behind him and start throwing rice.

The blatant fact is that the UK has a rate of gun deaths ONE HUNDRED TIMES lower than the US, because we don't have guns for every person.
--
The light at the end of the tunnel is the headlamp of the oncoming train.

Guns made made the people in the US citizens and not subjects.

Of course we are. Most of the "stranger danger" gun deaths here are a result of the drug war. That is where most of the "mass shootings" come from too. They are not the ones that make the news until they get rolled up it a statistic and then the details are glossed over.

So now drugs are introduced too. War? Drugs? Or everyday civilians shooting each other for no reason? Please pick one subject.
--
"The hands that help are better far than lips that pray." - Robert Ingersoll (1833-1899)