OT: Guns in America

Page 5 of 16
On 03/10/2016 02:05 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

When I was a kid that beat outdoor movies. Get a couple of six packs, throw the lawn chairs in the car, go down to the dump, and watch the bears. It was free (except for the beer).

How come the UK never had outdoor movies? Don't answer that, probably the constant rain.
--
Das Computer Maschine Ist Nich Fur Gefingerenpoken Und Mittengrabben!
Ist Easy Schnappen Der Springenwerken Mit Spitzensparken Und Poppenkorken!

Why not, This was Mt Hood in Oregon and it was almost July. They were skiing.
http://gfretwell.com/ftp/Oregon/Mt%20Hood/Greg%20%20Mt%20Hood.jpg
On 2016-03-15 5:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

--
Froz...

Quando omni flunkus, moritati
On 03/15/2016 03:11 PM, FrozenNorth wrote:

There's skiing in Ontario? I must have missed that part. I guess if you can ski in Indiana. That 300 vertical feet is a real black diamond though.

Don't intimidate it, it won't attack.
--
When eating a tongue sandwich, how do you know when you've finished?

On 3/10/2016 5:36 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

happy guy.

Show me a link where lots of people are killed by bears.
--
I'd rather have a life than a living.

Hell yeah. I'd be glad to take him for a walk in the Bob Marshall.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Marshall_Wilderness
You'd have to go to Alaska to find more grizzlies per square mile. I ran into a crew last summer that was stapling lengths of barbed wire vertically on trees, taking GPS measurements, and recording them in a log. The scheme was to pick likely looking trees where the bears would scratch their backs and then come back later, retrieve any fur caught on the barbs and bring it in for DNA analysis. It was on the west side of the Bob. Black bears are predominant in the Seeley-Swan valley but they think the grizzlies might be expanding.
It's also a hot topic if grizzlies are in the Bitterroot-Selway. Between that, the Frank Church, and the area on the Idaho divide north on US 12 there's a lot of room for the big bears to roam.
On 10/03/2016 15:53, Mr Macaw wrote:

don't do that.
--
Bod

And if you do, apologise and back off.
--
Mrs. Culpepper was almost in tears. "Oh Marie," she said to her maid, "I have reason to suspect that my husband is having an affair with his secretary."
"I don't believe it for one minute." Marie snapped. "You're just saying that to make me jealous."
On 3/10/2016 12:51 PM, Bod wrote:

That works for human mothers and their "cubs"!
--
Maggie

On 10/03/2016 19:13, Muggles wrote:

--
Bod

On 3/10/2016 2:00 PM, Bod wrote:

I posted this elsewhere, but it's an example of a mother defending her cub. http://abcnews.go.com/US/okla-woman-shoots-kills-intruder911-operators-shoot/story?id 285605
--
Maggie

On 10/03/2016 20:03, Muggles wrote:

--
Bod

--
.
Christopher A. Young

Yes please.
--
I never would have married you if I knew how stupid you were!" shouted the woman to her husband.
The husband replied, "You should've known how stupid I was the minute I asked you to marry me!"

How do you go about proving the person you shot in your home was an intruder? If you wanted to murder someone, couldn't you just invite them round for dinner then shoot them, and tell the police that they broke in?
--
All this "expressionism" in art, personally I think things ought to look like things. To me it's fairly easy to
tell what the artists are trying to say with their smears and swirls -- they're trying to say they can't paint worth a damn.

The first thing the cops look at in a shooting is whether the people knew each other, then in the case of an alleged break in, they look for signs of forced entry. Then they look at who the shootee was. In spite of what you might see on TV, you are guilty until you convince them you are innocent You will be arrested no matter what. They are actually pretty good at investigating these things. If the dead guy has a criminal record, with a history of break ins and there are signs of a break in, the burglary tool is present and they can't connect you to the dead guy. You are probably going to be sent home. Otherwise, you better have a lawyer.
Also hope they don't find a closet full of pot plants or something.
On 3/14/2016 4:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

don't have to prove anything, if you shoot somebody who is on your property.