OT: Guns in America

Page 3 of 16

Look up the number of bear deaths per year in America. You can count them on your fingers it's that low.
--
A dyslexic man walks into a bra.

On 03/10/2016 09:54 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

A grizzly intent on a little mayhem can maintain 25 mph. How fast can you move off his territory?
I thought it was local humor but I saw a modified version on Borgen, the Danish TV series. Two guys a hiking and one wonders if they can outrun a bear if they meet one. His partners says "I don't have to run faster than a bear, I just have to run faster than you."
Then there are dogs. When you see your dog running down the trail toward you, you can assume he just found a new BFF and is bringing him back to meet you. That's when a gun comes in handy. You shoot the dog and beat feet in the other direction.

Don't make it angry in the first place. If he sees you're walking away, he won't chase.

Do you understand the meaning of "pet"?
By the way: http://www.bearsmart.com/about-bears/dispelling-myths/
--
Dopeler effect (n): The tendency of stupid ideas to seem smarter when they come at you rapidly.

On 03/14/2016 01:26 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

By the way: http://www.bearsmart.com/about-bears/dispelling-myths/
" A predatory bear usually stalks its prey and attacks from behind. It is often silent and the bear does not exhibit any defensive behaviors like huffing or slapping the ground. Its ears may be laid back and its head held low, with its intent focused directly on you"
On second thought, please visit the US. I've got camping gear you can borrow and I'll even drive you up to Glacier National Park or Yellowstone, take your pick.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 09:00:20 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster

Most UK residents and Europeans in general do not even understand the concept of "wilderness". The same might even be said for a lot of people in the North East US.
Perhaps Mr Mckaw should take a walk in the woods in Alaska or even Montana. He might get a chance to see a grizzly and see if he can talk the bear into believing that he is leaving in a timely manner. Hint:don't run. The same thing might be true in South East Washington DC tho.
I know he says we should simply eliminate guns but that ship sailed long ago. We can't even eliminate drugs and we spend about $1.2 billion a year trying. How would you ever make guns go away and the last to give them would be the ones who cause the most trouble with them.

I fondly remember those afternoons at the dock in Valdez, Alaska, watching the bears come out and root in the trash cans outside the gate.
On 10/03/2016 21:05, SeaNymph wrote:

You make it sound romantic ;-)
--
Bod

On 3/10/2016 3:25 PM, Bod wrote:

LOL Definitely not romantic, but most assuredly interesting. Alaska was also the first place I saw a wolverine, up close and personal. I thought it was cute, which it is, but definitely not a creature to tangle with.

Those exist? It sounds like a fictitious creature, like a unicorn.
--
When eating a tongue sandwich, how do you know when you've finished?

On 3/10/2016 5:37 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

You might want to consider educating yourself a bit before you actually hit send. Just a though <g>

A though? PKB!
--
I'd rather have a life than a living.

On 3/14/2016 1:02 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

You're responding to a well know troll. See info:
Trolls only show up to cause trouble:
burfordTJustice Seymore4Head Zak W FrozenNorth Bite My Shiny Metal Ass Sn!pe The Peeler Col. Edmund Burke Checkmate % skeeter buZZard Kenny Diesel FromTheRafters Fakey's dogwhistle RonNNN Lewis David SeaNymph Buffalo David B. Aardvark
Groups they come from and cross post from: 2600 kooks support.depression freeware rec.photo.digital scorched-earth mobile.iphone mobile.android
Cross posting only attracts the trolls and then they never leave.
If you want your REPAIR group back - STOP FEEDING THESE TROLLS.
IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY.
Anonymous
On Mon, 14 Mar 2016 18:29:35 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

LOL. Typo *lames*.
Sorry. Typo.
On 03/10/2016 04:37 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Wolverines? Nah, they're just characters from 'Red Dawn'. Go for the original. The remake has them cavorting around a hardwood forest supposedly near Spokane, WA. If there's a hardwood forest anywhere in eastern Washington I've missed it. (It was mostly filmed in Michigan)

I bet she sued the state.
--
What is the difference between a chicken and a baby?
A chicken is the result of a sitting hen while the baby is the result of a standing cock.

I bet there's an equally absurd similar story which IS true.
--
To err is human. To really fuck things up requires a computer.

On 03/10/2016 02:59 PM, SeaNymph wrote:

I suppose you think badgers are cuddly, too.

--
Bod

On 03/11/2016 04:10 AM, Bod wrote:

There have been reports of wolverines around here but I've never seen one, which is just fine with me. Think of a weasel on steroids the size of a mid-range dog, and with a weasel's desire to kill anything that moves.
On 11/03/2016 15:00, rbowman wrote:

I think Wolverines are more afraid of humans, but one might kill an an unnateneded baby.
--
Bod