OT: Guns in America

Page 15 of 16

The part of that statistic you ignore or simply do not know is about 2/3ds of those people kill themselves. When you drill down on the murders, you find it is people nobody cares about, killing people nobody cares about. Neither of those facts are newsworthy enough to get on CNN.

It's still 46 times the UK if you delete suicides and rightful deaths (like shooting in self defence).
--
You may be a cunning linguist, but I am a master debater.

The fact remains that we also stab more people than you do. That is our second choice weapon here and the go to thing there. We are simply a more violent society.
Maybe we should just deport a 100,000 of our "urban problem youths" to UK and look at the number then. ;-) You are still a relatively homogeneous population and it is even more so on the other side of the channel where our people look for examples of successful socialized countries.

Don't be stingy. Given them a million or two.
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 12:02:45 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

I don't carry ID unless I am driving my car

I don't carry ID unless I'm carrying my purse! haha!
--
Maggie

I know a criminal isn't going to break into my house and shoot me.

The whole world makes fun of your stupidity, your blame society, your arrogance, .....
--
People who wonder whether the glass is half empty or half full miss the point. The glass is refillable.

On 3/10/2016 4:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

And how, exactly, do you know this? According to this article, gun crimes in the UK soared in 2012, or so says your Home Office. You suppose they've gone down recently?
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/12/11/gun-crime-soars-in-england-where-guns-are-banned-n1464528

rudeness.
How much do you actually know about guns? My guess is zero.

Yet still 46 times lower than the USA.

I know they allow you to kill people very easily without a chance of them defending themselves.
--
Proceed to your next incarnation. Use any means available.

On 3/14/2016 9:55 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

On 3/10/2016 4:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

The CDC reports that 65% of Americans are overweight or obese. Clearly, Americans don't need guns to kill each other, they have refined carbohydrates. And the most exercise these gluttonous slobs get is when they hobble from their Walmart handicap parking spot to the obesecycle parking area.
For example, I know a gun-nut whack-job that weighs over 300 pounds. He's terrified someone will break into his house and kill him and then rape his wife and daughter. The truth is that his real killer is his daily biggie-size order of fries. He's just one french fry away from a heart attack but too stupid to realize it. Oink oink oink!

ROTFPMSL!
--
It's only premarital sex if you're going to get married.

On 03/10/2016 03:29 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

FTW

How is knowing about the EU anywhere near as important as basic geography?
--
We've had a hot, dry summer this year. It was so hot that one of my neighbors said his wife even thawed out.

Your government is not real forthcoming about that but they do say "the rest of the world" owns 30% of the national debt.
On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 21:32:44 +0000, Bod wrote:

Yes indeed

On 3/13/2016 2:24 PM, Aardvark wrote:

Do you also feel safer without fire extinguishers, tyre levers, fire extinguishers, float vests (life preservers) on boats?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Show me how fire extinguishers are used to kill people.
--
A child is for life, not just for benefits.

On 03/13/2016 02:53 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3312514/Foul-play-eyed-death-millionaires-83-year-old-wife.html
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/08/05/man-found-not-guilty-in-fire-extinguisher-murder-trial/
You are too easy...

That second link - that guy is guilty, just look at his face.

Hardly the same number of deaths as guns, and fire extinguishers serve another purpose, guns don't.
--
This space was empty.