OT: Guns in America

Page 13 of 16
Mr Macaw wrote:

That's funny! You've been throwin' out all this stank-bait... guns, US sucks, southern yokels... and I've enjoyed watching what you've managed to reel in. If you think I'm jumping in the water tho - you'd be mistaken.
You don't care any more about guns in the US, than I care about the massive number of yellow teeth in the UK.
On 3/23/2016 7:57 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't live in fear of someone shooting me. And I'm pretty certain that not "everyone" lives that way.
Mr Macaw wrote:

Like we did with drugs? That sure took care of the problem.

I believe we fought a war with you to be sure that such a thing would never happen. That, and the tea thing... tea sucks.

Many old ladies have been killed. Those who are armed and fire first are usually not in that category. The 'young fit people' are usually the ones doing the killin'.
HTH.

There is no need for it not to happen. Do you think we're all pining for a gun?

We don't all drink tea. Hardly any of us do. We drink coffee like you.

Thanks for making my point.
--
Intercourse prevents divorce.

Mr Macaw wrote:

I wouldn't touch a cup of coffee.

ve

im

armed.

why

ct.

us for

My statement was "our intruders are not armed", Aardvark backed this up. You agreed with him and not me. FFS grow up.
-- Paddy calls Easyjet to book a flight. The operator asks "How many people are flying with you?" Paddy replies "I don't know! It’s your flipping plane!"

So you think it's ok that everyone has to be armed to protect themselves against criminals that are armed, and can't understand why neither side being armed would be better? It might be ok for someone like you who is able to operate a firearm and defend themselves, but what you're saying is you don't give a fuck about someone who can't fire a gun well, perhaps because they're older and frail. You're a selfish arse.
--
Little Tony was staying with his grandmother for a few days.. He'd been playing outside with the other kids for a while when he came into the house and asked her, "Grandma, what's that called when 2 people sleep in the same room and one is on top of the other?"

She was a little taken, but she decided to just tell him the truth. "It's called sexual intercourse, darling".

Those two statements mean precisely the same to me. What is the difference?
--
Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."

On 23/03/2016 14:04, Mr Macaw wrote:

Sent to prison *as punishment* ie: being deprived of your liberty, but not *for further punishment* ie; being deprived of your basic human rights/ hard labour or any other extra punishment. Being sent to prison IS your punishment.
--
Bod

Why jail someone in a nice way for 30 years instead of in a cruel way for 15 years?
Don't you find it absurd that in the UK, TV is a human right in jail?
--
Mr Churchill is reputed to have once said
"It will be long, it will be hard, and there'll be no withdrawal"
On 23/03/2016 14:21, Mr Macaw wrote:

No.
--
Bod

Well?

Why do you want to be nice to someone who has committed a crime serious enough to be jailed?
--
Why is Bin Laden like a pair of tights?
Because he irritates bush!
On 23/03/2016 14:24, Mr Macaw wrote:

Like for smoking weed or petty thieving etc?
--
Bod

Smoking weed shouldn't be illegal, but that's beside the point.
If you're in jail, the law has decided you are bad. You are to be punished. Why lock you up, but then give you luxuries? Those are opposites. All you're doing with the luxuries is lessening the punishment. Why not lessen it instead by shortening the sentence, saving money on jail time and on luxuries? The person receives the same effective punishment, but has more of their (hopefully corrected) life ahead of them.
--
Runtime Error 6D at 417A:32CF: Incompetent User.

On 23/03/2016 14:30, Mr Macaw wrote:

Say a prisoner gets half the original sentence, then he's locked up for say 4 years instead of 8 and you deny him any pleasure (tv etc). Locked up for 23 a day,that will turn that prisoner into either a loony or a very angry and violent person and the wardens will have a hell of a time with him/her. Think about it.
--
Bod

No, it'll make him think about what he's done.
And imagine it was you. You've maybe had a rougher time for 4 years, but it's only 4 years. The next 4 years you are free instead of being locked up. I'd take the 4 without TV.
--
The Royal Family have been declared bankrupt after receiving Richard III's parking fine.

On 23/03/2016 18:47, Mr Macaw wrote:

Fortunately civilised countries treat their prisoners with respect.
--
Bod

These people have broken the law. They do not deserve respect.
--
Gardening Rule:
When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.

Why the fuck would you want to be nice to a prisoner? He is the criminal, he has done wrong, he should lose all rights.
--
The longest word in German is DONAUDAMPFSCHIFFAHRTSELEKTRIZITAETENHAUPTBETRIEBSWERKBAUUNTERBEAMTENGESELLSCHAFT, "the club for subordinate officials of the head office management of the Danube steamboat electrical services" (name of a pre-war club in Vienna), according to 1996 Guinness.

On 23/03/2016 14:05, Mr Macaw wrote:

Why? If you disrespect prisoners, they are more likely to come out angrier than when they went in.
--
Bod