OT: Guns in America

Page 12 of 16

These people are shot for assaulting the cop.
You only hear about the underlying stop, not what happened when they got face to face with the cop. It turns out the cops get in as much trouble for just beating up a suspect as they do shooting them so the cops are trigger happy. I don't think that is right but I understand it.
On 3/11/2016 6:36 PM, Wally wrote:

May wish to mention that the cop wannabe was laying on his back, being pounded, beat, and stomped by the poor kid.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

How pathetic, being beaten up by a kid.
--
If the English language made any sense, lackadaisical would have something to do with a shortage of flowers.

The "kid" was a grown man by any standard, 4 " taller than Z and had the element of surprise. He also had a fairly extensive criminal record as a juvenile but that was all "sealed" and kept out of the media. Martin was found in school with stolen goods and burglary tools and suspended/expelled. There was also a vandalism charge. That is why he was at his father's place, 150 miles from home.
Oren wrote:

unbelievable ignorance<shakes head>

all just parrot what they are told......minions

Watching the entire trial every day means you have no life.
--
"Always go to other peoples' funerals, otherwise they won't go to yours." -- Yogi Berra

It probably means he had a DVR

You completely ignored what I just said. Our intruders are not armed.
--
You can't please everyone. But it IS possible to piss 'em ALL off at the same time.

Never? With no weapons at all?
I suppose if I google UK armed robbery, I will come up with no hits.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:14:05 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

Interesting since it comes from English law Early English Law. any crime punishable by death or mutilation and forfeiture of lands and goods.

In the US, the short answer is a crime serious enough to merit more than a year in jail.
This is from the Florida statutes (1) The term “felony” shall mean any criminal offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by death or imprisonment in a state penitentiary. “State penitentiary” shall include state correctional facilities. A person shall be imprisoned in the state penitentiary for each sentence which, except an extended term, exceeds 1 year. (2) The term “misdemeanor” shall mean any criminal offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by a term of imprisonment in a county correctional facility, except an extended term, not in excess of 1 year. The term “misdemeanor” shall not mean a conviction for any noncriminal traffic violation of any provision of chapter 316 or any municipal or county ordinance. (3) The term “noncriminal violation” shall mean any offense that is punishable under the laws of this state, or that would be punishable if committed in this state, by no other penalty than a fine, forfeiture, or other civil penalty. A noncriminal violation does not constitute a crime, and conviction for a noncriminal violation shall not give rise to any legal disability based on a criminal offense. The term “noncriminal violation” shall not mean any conviction for any violation of any municipal or county ordinance. Nothing contained in this code shall repeal or change the penalty for a violation of any municipal or county ordinance. (4) The term “crime” shall mean a felony or misdemeanor.
On Thu, 17 Mar 2016 17:27:31 -0700, Oren wrote:

Sorry. Still not a Brit.
On 3/16/2016 2:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

And yet another stupid statement. Get your head out of the sand why don't you?

Which is why I said USA should outlaw guns. Make your country like the UK, and all will be fine. Do you think it acceptable that some old lady in America who isn't able to shoot to defend herself is liable to be killed? So what if young fit people can protect themselves, don't you give a fuck about the infirm?
--
Caller: "Can you give me the telephone number for Jack?"
Operator: "I'm sorry, sir, I don't understand who you are talking about".
On 3/22/2016 5:23 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

I don't want this country to be like the UK, for a number of reasons.
Why do you ignore the crime and the problems in your own country instead of being fixated on something that doesn't concern you?

Because your crime is 100 times higher.
--
Is an infirmary a place for people who can't get it up?

Mr Macaw wrote:

Why are you worried over our crime? Do you plan on visiting? Stay outta DC, Detroit and a few other heavily black areas and you'll be fine! You can even bring your tea.
On 03/22/2016 08:05 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

Ya, stay outta DC. There's a black in the White House that's stealing my lunch money every damn day!
Tony wrote:

LOL!

No, I just want you guys to admit that your country has failed to control its people. That everyone would prefer to live over here without fear of someone shooting them.
--
An Ohio teen has pleaded innocent to stealing his mother's credit card to pay for a friend's breast enlargement surgery.
Police say it's lucky they caught the guy quickly; otherwise, it may have turned into a bigger bust.