OT: Guns in America

Page 11 of 16
On Tue, 15 Mar 2016 11:58:44 +0000 (GMT+00:00), Aardvark

The CO2 trend predates the industrial revolution as does the ramp up of the population. Granted both were lower but the parallel still tracks pretty much exactly. The end of industrialization as we know will only cut CO2 if there is also a drop in the population

If he did much reading at all he would know the Mesopotamians were farming before the UK separated from Europe.,
Mr Macaw wrote:

How about you google the phrase 'homeowner shoots intruder'?

Do you have a point? At least our intruders aren't armed.
--
Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.

Mr Macaw wrote:

My point is that if and intruder comes into my home, it doesn't matter if he is carrying a knife or a gun or a big stick. I have the right to be armed against that intruder. The very act of him coming into my home tells me he has some sort of malicious intent. I want him in the hospital, or dead.
So maybe you have no family, maybe you live in a safe little gated community... howz about you google 'store owner shoots robber'. Ten million results. Same point as above. HTH.
On 3/11/2016 1:21 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

was Ostrich.

Actually parrot would make more sense, but troll is more appropriate
On 03/11/2016 02:21 PM, 83LowRider wrote:

/ I get your point but there's also the gun accidents where some poor kid goes to the store to get some Skittles and tea and gets gunned down by some crazed gun-nut wanna-be-cop./
Wally wrote:

That statement is as stupid as the Memphis mother who wants gun control . She says if we don't have guns she won't have to worry about her son getting shot while committing an armed robbery ...
--
Snag

On 3/11/2016 5:36 PM, Wally wrote:

There is, obviously, a huge difference between law abiding gun owners and criminals. By in large, the gun "problem" involves criminals.

No guns, no armed criminals.
--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!

On Wednesday, March 16, 2016 at 3:04:03 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

What is your proposal for disarming our criminals? Shall we take out an advertisement in the newspaper asking them to present their guns at the police station?
How shall we prevent future illegal gun sales? Build a wall around our country?
Cindy Hamilton
On 3/16/2016 2:03 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

Mr Macaw wrote:

Fine. Let 3 thugs with bats come at you. You have a bat, they have a bat. Now everyone is equally armed. Good luck with that.
On 17/03/2016 21:14, 83LowRider wrote:

--
Bod

Bod wrote:

Bod wrote:

Who did bat first. Who is on first base already.
Aardvark wrote:

Go easy... Abbott & Costello are a national treasure!
Wally wrote:

He shoulda offered George some Skittles instead. Problem solved.

I get the feeling your cops are the ones who should not have guns. Some teenager got shot for flashing his lights at a cop because he had them on full beam.
--
Bikini e pareo, camicia di pizzo e shorts, top e gonna di crochet!