OT gun silencers

Page 3 of 3
On Sun, 20 May 2012 13:46:03 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Just put a muffler from a diesel semi truck on the end of your pistol. You might need some bushings in between. Then attach it with a heavy duty muffler clamp. Use a chromed muffler to make it look supa-cool. After all, you want to impress the local gang bangers, when you kill the dude with the kilo of heroin.

I used to hang with some avid gun enthusiasts years ago and had the opportunity to fire both revolver (.357) and automatic (.22 long rifle) with silencers. Both of these guys have a pretty pronounced report. I don't think the silencer did much at all for the revolver and this is true from behind the gun or watching it being fired by someone else. The .22 was a different story. The normally loud report was softened significantly but it was still a loud "pop". I doubt if the sound has the long-distance carry of the open muzzle.
This might be why the Ruger '22 auto, or similar sized silencer equipped .22 is the weapon of choice for some professional hit men.
Not that I'm a pro. :o)
RonB

Up close and personal, a .357 will blow in one side of the head and out the other. A .22 will make a nice neat hole in one side and rattle around inside making pureed brain. A lot less mess and a sure kill.

Got your red pumps on again? ;-)
On Sun, 20 May 2012 03:30:41 -0400, micky

What sounds pretty darn quiet outside, in a suburban environment, will probably leave your ears ringing in a quiet hallway.
croy wrote:

Is good. You won't hear the goblin screaming like a duck has hold of him.