OT - government, then and now

Page 1 of 6
https://www.facebook.com/Capitalists
During the 3-1/2 years of World War 2 that started with the Japanese bombing of Pearl Harbor in December 1941 and ended with the Surrender of Germany and Japan in 1945, the U.S. produced 22 aircraft carriers, 8 battleships, 48 cruisers, 349 destroyers, 420 destroyer escorts, 203 submarines, 34 million tons of merchant ships, 100,000 fighter aircraft, 98,000 bombers, 24,000 transport aircraft, 58,000 training aircraft, 93,000 tanks, 257,000 artillery pieces, 105,000 mortars, 3,000,000 machine guns, and 2,500,000 military trucks.
We put 16.1 million men in uniform in the various armed services, invaded Africa, invaded Sicily and Italy, won the battle for the Atlantic, planned and executed D-Day, marched across the Pacific and Europe, developed the atomic bomb and ultimately conquered Japan and Germany.
It's worth noting, that during the almost exact amount of time, the Obama administration couldn't build a functioning web site.
On 12/23/2013 09:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

and neither could Roosevelt or Truman .
philo  wrote:

I am so disappointed that Roosevelt didn't build a badass WWII website.
--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin
On 12/23/2013 12:02 PM, G. Morgan wrote:

and with those powerful computers they had back then they should have easily been able to do so!
On 12/23/2013 2:19 PM, philo wrote:

There was no Affirmative Action back then. ^_^
TDD
On 12/23/2013 12:18 PM, philo wrote:

You know, that's got to hurt. Bet both are rolling over in their graves.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 12/23/2013 06:17 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I don't thing dead people read Usenet.
On 12/23/2013 04:49 PM, philo wrote:

What do you think they do in hell every day beside play golf!?!?!

Nonsense. There are lots of brain-dead lefties, here, in this group alone.

and even more brain dead limbaughnistas
On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 15:40:06 -0800, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds"

You simply prove that you're a liar. ...but all lefties are. They have to be to remain lefties.
On 12/23/2013 6:49 PM, philo wrote:

No, they just post here. ^_^
TDD

krwless isn't dead, just dead wrong

Malcom, you're a Leftist bot. Technically not alive but no living human being can be a idiotic as you are. By the way, who wrote your program? ^_^
TDD
On Tue, 24 Dec 2013 15:58:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas

It's gotta be from M$. Who else writes such crap?

krwless walks into a bar in Kentucky and orders a white wine.
All the hillbillies sitting around the bar look up from their beer and whiskey, expecting to see some pitiful Yankee from the north.
The bartender says, "You ain't from around here, are ya?" krwless says, "No, I'm from Buffalo N.Y " The bartender says, "What do you do in Buffalo?" krwless says, "I'm a taxidermist." The bartender says, "A taxidermist? What in the hell is a taxidermist? Do you drive a taxi?"
"No," says the Buffalonian "I don't drive a taxi, I mount animals."
The bartender grins and hollers, "It's okay boys. She's one of us."

ooh, ouch, that must have really hurt your toilet
Technically not alive but no living human

certainly not stormfront, how much did they charge you?

Mommy and Daddy said I was expensive but you must remember that the dollar was worth something back in the middle of the last century before your P.L.L.C.F. leaders screwed up the country and the currency. ^_^
TDD

yeh, you guys should have shot nixon when he decoupled gold from the dollar

down and killed Osama bin Laden. At least that's what you OBK, Obama Butt Kissers claim. ^_^
TDD