OT: GOP Voter Fraud Accusations Suddenly Blowing Up In Their Faces

Page 3 of 5

As I said in another post mine was just renewed in May 2012. Did I miss some gate/requirement?

Apparently you live in a state that's not exactly in the forefront of implementing the SecureID requirements.
Wait until you have to renew your current DL. You'll need a *lot* more documentation. Good news for you is that you have a few years before it expires, which you might need in order to figure out that you really will need all the documentation that I've been telling you you will. Or you can just wait til it's time to renew, and go to your license branch, where the nice clerk will explain it all to you.

What state is that?
On Tue, 30 Oct 2012 02:37:31 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

Our state has a web site they've been pushing with ads for months. They have a checklist for everything needed so you don't have to mad at the nice bureaucrat. ...only yourself.
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote in

I used this site with good results: http://www.vitalchek.com /
Kinda expensive, but I'm kinda crippled and it was way easier for me thru the mail. M.

Neat! Didn't know they existed. Some time back I had to get my mother to get a certified BC for me. They didn't want to give it to her, for security reasons. ;-) It's sorta amazing they do it now, without any security.

$5.50 for the service is pretty cheap. Nice find. Thanks.
snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzz wrote in

It cost me $45.00 . I guess it depends on what you order (?).

Depending on which state the records come from there may be problem as a result of Sandy.
Following Katrina we played hell getting any records that originated in NOLA and this for years afterward.

For a few weeks, perhaps.

It's not surprising that NoLa would be backwards and have everything still on paper.

You have NO CLUE about the issues much less the realities.

Whatever. There is NO EXCUSE, otherwise.

No, your state is simply slow (figures).

If by slow you mean backwards I have to agree ...

Must have. In Indiana, they were at one time giving you a choice between a Secure-ID and a regular one. I don't know if when the choice expires, if it does.

Called around and the Secure-ID is something the Homeland Security is pushing. Those folk are not too popular in Austin so the Secure-ID may never be implemented in Texas.
On Mon, 29 Oct 2012 02:56:04 +0000 (UTC), Doug Miller

So this is all wrong? http://www.in.gov/bmv/2758.htm Says you don't need all that crap.
I don't need it in Illinois either. I've been renewing my DL for almost 50 years without ever showing ID except the old license. Don't even need that now with on-line renewal. An illegal who got a DL before good checks were done only has to keep renewing. And a legal resident can have a DL but isn't eligble to vote because he/she isn't a citizen. Photo ID's are commonly forged too. All this voter ID crap is pure local politics without a national plan. The only national ID I know of that can be cross-checked is the SSN. There's a lot of financial/employment/resdidence validation that can be done with that if the computer systems are set up. Still isn't perfect because people move around and there's a time gap in updating the SSN database. The SSA is supposed to know whether a person is a citizen or not, but even that isn't co-ordinated with USCIS, which issues citizenship papers. The new citizen has to go to the SSA with their naturalization certificate to update their status. All this talk about a "national id" card is hogwash as far as I can tell, because the SSN is already that. That system has everybody pinned. Just has to be used right.

eligibility

addition

You do if you want the SecureID license. It's optional now. A few years from now, it won't be.

My understanding is that if you get a non-secure DL, you can't use it to get on planes and some other things. At least that is what Indiana DMV was telling us. I think the deadline passed, too (at least the DMV was saying somethign late last year that if 12-31 was the last day you could get one w/o the hooha.IRRC)

Right. And AIUI the non-secure version also won't allow you to register to vote.

Might be 12-31-2012. I renewed mine in July, and had the option.

You aren't really trying to suggest that identifying one voter at a time is the same as doing it for the millions if not billions of charge cards wandering around the world at any given time?