OT good deals in a bad economy

I have never gotten as good as deals as I do in this day & age.
I needed a set of tires for my truck, told someone who was looking for work. They got me 4 brand new tires on rims delivered to my garage for $40.00
Mentioned I could use a newer zero turn mower. Got a slightly used Scag delivered to my garage for $500. I priced one of these out, was over $8K.
I've gotten numerous expensive items, at a fraction of the cost.
Anyone else finding great deals?

Sometimes. But I'm not looking that much either as I have most things I need now. I'm just happy to be healthy more.

And I bet it never occurred to you to ask if those were stolen...

But it did come with a half-tank of gas and a warm engine.

On 3/14/2012 4:07 PM, Doug Miller wrote:

Probably not. Ever since the real estate market imploded and foreclosures skyrocketed, the second-hand market has been full of cheap goods. Some are sold by folks trying to scrape up enough cash for another mortgage payment. A lot of it is found abandoned inside the foreclosed properties. The companies that the banks hire to clean out the houses come across so much stuff, they make arrangements to give a lot of it to local charities. The charities are getting so much furniture this way that a lot of them have tightened up their requirements for donated furniture. It has to be pristine or they don't want it, and they can be this choosy because they're getting so much good stuff out of the foreclosures.
Anyhow, a lot of these companies that clean out the foreclosed homes also sell some of the stuff they find, and most of them let their employees take what they want as well. Just about all of this stuff ends up on Craigslist or in garage sales.
Many of us who were watching the real estate bubble were also expecting this and planning for it by saving up cash to buy used stuff on the cheap. So many people refinanced their homes so they could buy themselves new things. A hell of a lot of those things ended up selling real cheap, or getting re-poed, or abandoned with the house.
Hell Toupee wrote:

Yep. Every Monday I go to an auction of stuff removed from apartment evictions and foreclosed homes. Just today I bought two office swivel chairs, one steno chair, and one visitor chair for five bucks (for all four) and a set of J.A. Henckles kitchen knives for ten dollars.

***********Keep recieving stole goods and one day you will be posting from Jail******

THAT IS DIFFERENT STORY !!!

The deals are great, because so many people are out of work, and making Gramma eat dog food. Cause they can't afford to buy medicine. Thank you, Obama!
I have never gotten as good as deals as I do in this day & age.
I needed a set of tires for my truck, told someone who was looking for work. They got me 4 brand new tires on rims delivered to my garage for $40.00
Mentioned I could use a newer zero turn mower. Got a slightly used Scag delivered to my garage for $500. I priced one of these out, was over $8K.
I've gotten numerous expensive items, at a fraction of the cost.
Anyone else finding great deals?
I thought everything at all was Obama's fault? Even when my car won't start.
Lap dance? What's that? I'll have to goggle it.
C'mon. Not everything is Obama's fault. Lap dances are still cheap in some places, right?
On 3/14/2012 8:35 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

It's a little slice of Heaven on Earth.

It's something a guy named Peter invented in Florida in the late 80's, to replace just looking at naked dancers. That was not against the law in ft. Lauderdale, just looking at naked dancers was. Later, the mayor got convicted of renting his wife.
I did a lot of vacationing in Florida back then ..
Greg
On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 20:35:22 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"

You've heard of a lap dog, right?

As long as you don't get a suntan, maybe.
googler wrote:

Did you pay your friend with cash or Tide detergent?
Or gasoline? Now the price of gas is way up.
"Mr. Austerity" <"PrintMo.Money "> wrote in message
googler wrote:

Did you pay your friend with cash or Tide detergent?

On this smarter side of the pond, we call it "trolling".

You certainly don't show any evidence of it.
googler wrote:

No. Where are you doing all this "mentioning"?
--
Wearing a turtleneck is like being strangled by a really weak
guy, all day. Wearing a backpack and a turtleneck is like a weak
On 3/14/2012 1:51 PM, googler wrote:

Darn! I knew this post would bring out those afflicted with H.I.S.I., Humor Irony Sarcasm Impairment. ^_^
TDD