OT, Golf Anyone?

Do any of you guys play golf? Sometimes the strangest things show up on a golf course. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj9D8NxP1eE

[8~{} Uncle Strangest Monster

I think that's the guy who never picks up the check at the restaurant!
On Tue, 31 May 2016 22:05:04 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster

That is not unusual at all in Florida. I hit this one with a ball about 5 miles from the Buffalo Creek course where that one was.
http://gfretwell.com/wildlife/Water%20hazard.jpg
On Wednesday, June 1, 2016 at 1:05:10 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:

Best youtube comment ever:
SB 20 hours ago I once came across an alligator on a golf course. The trick was to hit the ball into its mouth hard enough for it to roll completely through and come out the alligator's tail onto the green. I found that if you hit it just ri ght, the ball would then bounce off the back rail and into the hole.? ?
Cousin Putt-Putt Monster
On 05/31/2016 11:05 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Yes, but I play it a little differently. My version involves a .357 and is really rough on the balls.

--
Bod

On 6/1/2016 12:18 PM, Bod wrote:

I've shot them at my shooting club with a .357. Tough to hit and good hit will make them disappear, not because they disintegrated but because they were driven off the range. Once shot one at 25 yards and it bounced and came back to land at my feet.
I pick all kinds of balls up in park I walk in across from golf range and with baseball fields.
Like baseballs best as I'll drill a hole in them and hang them to shoot at the range. You'd be surprised how many times you can shoot them before they fall apart.
On 01/06/2016 19:05, Frank wrote:

Sounds like fun.
--
Bod

On 6/1/2016 4:28 PM, Bod wrote:

Club will not allow steel targets anymore due to ricochet concerns. You can buy soft ones that will take a lot of pounding but I prefer balls and used bowling pins if I can find them.
On 6/1/2016 1:05 AM, Uncle Monster wrote:

Don't play but once saw a golfer at Hilton Head poking at a large gator with his golf club. A caddy was driving a couple of us around the course to show us the gators. He said the golfer was crazy to do what he did.
Also saw a couple of guys in the Everglades try to lift a branch shading a gator in the water off the path to take a good picture of it. Gator opened his mouth and guys took off. Fortunately gator did not come after them.

The weakness in a gator's attack is they do not turn well so you try to stay beside them. On a straight run, they will catch most people. Just be careful they don't "turn" you into the water.