OT: GM layoffs?

So what happened to them? A few of the doom&gloomers here were predicting *massive* layoffs within a month of the election-- That GM was on the brink of collapse, but just trying make Obama look good until the election.

Well. . . The stock has gone from 26 to 30 since the election.

I see 1000 new high tech jobs coming to Atlanta.

Asia is loving GM. Canadians have quit striking. Koreans are happy now.

Opel is laying off in Germany- The volt plant will likely shut down for a month or 2 this spring.

But I'd say things are looking pretty good for GM.

Just wondering- Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

Some are cautiously recommending to watch the stock for now and possibly buy soon. My CPA wife is doing this too.

It's funny how when I watch CNBC, they say things are slowly improving and I laughed to my wife and said ... god forbid if the critics may have to give some credit to the President.

Reply to
Doug

There is a pending lawsuit that might cause a bit of trouble:

Dean Hoffman

Their truck inventories are far too high. Their most profitable vehicles are their trucks, and they are sitting and losing competitive ground to Ford and Chrysler group.

I say they are right where they should be. They need to focus on China first, that's the market that wants GM's the most.

Reply to
Hench

Yeah, my wife recommended Ford to her sister and our daughter. So far so good.

Reply to
Doug

What a heap of ugly shit. No wonder American industry is where it is.

Reply to
harry

Yep... usually leading the world.

Reply to
Doug

Not true. No-one else will buy most of them.

Reply to
harry