OT: GM layoffs?

So what happened to them? A few of the doom&gloomers here were predicting *massive* layoffs within a month of the election-- That GM was on the brink of collapse, but just trying make Obama look good until the election.
Well. . . The stock has gone from 26 to 30 since the election.
I see 1000 new high tech jobs coming to Atlanta.
Asia is loving GM. Canadians have quit striking. Koreans are happy now.
Opel is laying off in Germany- The volt plant will likely shut down for a month or 2 this spring.
But I'd say things are looking pretty good for GM. http://www.google.com/finance?q=gm&ei=NK_xUImjK6Lx0gHBvAE
Just wondering- Jim

Some are cautiously recommending to watch the stock for now and possibly buy soon. My CPA wife is doing this too.
It's funny how when I watch CNBC, they say things are slowly improving and I laughed to my wife and said ... god forbid if the critics may have to give some credit to the President.
On 1/12/2013 4:27 PM, Doug wrote:

Their truck inventories are far too high. Their most profitable vehicles are their trucks, and they are sitting and losing competitive ground to Ford and Chrysler group.
I say they are right where they should be. They need to focus on China first, that's the market that wants GM's the most.
On 1/12/13 12:59 PM, Jim Elbrecht wrote:

There is a pending lawsuit that might cause a bit of trouble: http://tinyurl.com/be5cxx9

Yeah, my wife recommended Ford to her sister and our daughter. So far so good.

What a heap of ugly shit. No wonder American industry is where it is.
On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 01:15:14 -0800 (PST), harry

Yep... usually leading the world.

Not true. No-one else will buy most of them.