OT: Global warming hoax exposed

Page 1 of 2
http://tinyurl.com/l6drl73
and
http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-spots-worrisome-antarctic-ice-sheet-melt-183822453.html
and many others
have us upset...
BUT
...fortunately our elected representatives are on top of this situation:
http://tinyurl.com/kq5t3uh
HB
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:05:09 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

I suspect it's you who has been hoaxed. Borowitz is a comedian who writes a satire piece for The New Yorker. Just how dumb are you?
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 5:48:01 PM UTC-7, trader_4 wrote:

Im a devoted fan of Andy Borowitz. He puts his needle into anyone, without fear or favor.
Guess you didn't get the point of juxtaposing two legitimate, alarming reports about global warming with Andy's wonderful satire.
Happy to have clarified. Sleep well.
HB
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:59:06 PM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

If you knew that was supposed to be a joke, then what you tried to do is lie and trick people into believing your little scam. There was nothing there whatever to indicate that it was humor. And you're not the only scammer or at least someone duped:
http://amhersttimes.com/
http://forums.techguy.org/controversial-topics/1124556-news-web-2-a-21.html
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 7:32:36 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

...and you're talking about "one article"! I'm surprised you can see the light of day, with your head up you ass.
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 8:49:42 AM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:

I'm talking about HB making an obviously deliberately dishonest post here, idiot. There was nothing in that original post to indicate it was humor. It's a link to what looks like a real, factual report.
On 5/15/2014 8:32 AM, trader_4 wrote:

LOL in thread. Higgy, who will come here to ask how to flush his toilet ;)

Lordy, it never ceases to amaze me how many non-belivers there are out there and how fanatically insistent they are about how there is no such thing as global warming *caused by mankind*!!
What? Did you think that mankind could be dumping ungodly amts of unatural pollution into our atmosphere for over 100 yrs and it means nada!? All those autos, coal fired electrical plants, commercial aircraft, etc, have absolutely zero effect on this Earth's atmosphere? Who is that incredibly stupid!?
nb
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:03:41 PM UTC-7, notbob wrote:

Yes, it DOES sound incredibly stupid, but when you stop & think how the min ds of hoi polloi work, all becomes clear. A few factors:
1. Most people (hereafter MP) will do almost anything not to have to make a change in their living and thinking patterns.
2. MP are not well educated (in the true sense; not about obtaining a piec e of paper that -- they think -- will get them a better job). MP are aware of only a narrow, parochial range of events. They have been systematicall y dumbed down over the last 40-50 years by interested parties who need them NOT to think critically; NOT to analyze the input they receive.
3. MP are easily manipulated by information caught on the fly from writte n, visual, or audio sources. They either do not know how to verify/researc h that info, or don't want to take the trouble, or feel unconnected with th at info.
4. MP are totally unaware that they are being manipulated by the owners of very, very big bux who hire/corrupt sources to disseminate what they want MP to believe.
5. MP either do not understand the electoral process or some would say rig htly) feel only disgust and contempt for the officials who are supposed to be ser ving the public interest.
6. SOME P have religious beliefs that the Big Bux people in #4 cold-bloode dly exploit to manipulate those religious people to act against their own i nterests.
7. MP are unaware of, or downplay the power of the "determination bias", a fancy term defined as:
*** A psychological phenomenon that explains why people tend to seek out in formation that confirms their existing opinions and overlook or ignore info rmation that refutes their beliefs.***
8. A very interesting phenomenon that has been extensively studied: MP are unable to fully focus on more than ONE person, ONE situation, ONE pr oblem at a time. That is a stunner; hard to take in.
There is tons more available to those interested in how MP are manipulated. Depressing, but thoroughly researched
We should be pushing hard to have our children REALLY educated so they can make decisions that are good for THEM, not for their manipulators
HB
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 1:15:48 AM UTC-4, Higgs Boson wrote:

inds of hoi polloi work, all becomes clear. A few factors:

e a change in their living and thinking patterns.

ece of paper that -- they think -- will get them a better job). MP are awa re of only a narrow, parochial range of events. They have been systematica lly dumbed down over the last 40-50 years by interested parties who need th em NOT to think critically; NOT to analyze the input they receive.

ten, visual, or audio sources. They either do not know how to verify/resea rch that info, or don't want to take the trouble, or feel unconnected with that info.

of very, very big bux who hire/corrupt sources to disseminate what they wa nt MP to believe.

All of the above apply equally to you global climate warming proponents, libs too. As for corrupt dissemination, you need only to look at how you tried to lie to people, smear Ryan and Bachmann, with this thread.

ightly)

erving the public interest.

dedly exploit to manipulate those religious people to act against their own interests.

You didn't include the part about libs like you have "beliefs" that similar cold-blooded exploiters manipulate. You just started a thread where you tried to do exactly that by misleading.

a fancy term defined as:

information that confirms their existing opinions and overlook or ignore in formation that refutes their beliefs.***

Which of course applies to you too. But you don't admit it because you libs believe you're intellectually superior and it's everyone else who disagrees that's stupid.

problem at a time. That is a stunner; hard to take in.

d.

n make decisions that are good for THEM, not for their manipulators

Yes, and I'm sure "really educated" equals spending even more money on schools, depsite all the failure so far. And I'll bet it excludes ideas like Charter schools, school vouchers, ie new, free market solutions.
On 5/15/2014 12:15 AM, Higgs Boson wrote:

I'm still going with the: "If I can't fix it, it's not a problem" theory. I'm also considering "I don't want to fix it cause I love my lifestyle and I don't like change."
Probably a combination of the two. It's complicated.
On Wednesday, May 14, 2014 11:03:41 PM UTC-4, notbob wrote:

That's "science" to you libs? It has zippo to do with proving that manmade CO2 is causing global warming. But it is consistent with the ignorant hippie belief that anything and everything man does is royally screwing the planet. If we listened to all the similar claims, we'd be living in caves.
For some sound science, you have the fact that for more than a decade, the global temp rise has stopped. It's flattened out and it could be about to head the other way. That's why all the global warming fanatics have renamed it global climate change. Much easier to show a picture of a hurricane, drought, or tornado and dupe people than it is to talk about the fact that temps haven't risen for over a decade, while carbon emissions have continued to go up.
All those autos, coal fired electrical plants, commercial

Strawman of "zero effect" noted. Strawman rejected. I don't see anyone here, nor the vast majority of of those skeptical about manmade global warming, saying autos, coal, etc has had zero effect on our atmosphere.
On 5/14/2014 8:03 PM, notbob wrote:

You have to realize that they are not really non-believers. They say what they say because their handlers tell them to say it, not because they actually believe it.
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:12:24 PM UTC-4, sms wrote:

That may be true of some small minority of those who don't believe in manmade global warming. Similarly there are probably some small minority of manmade global warming proponents who really don't believe their side either, but are just doing it because of "handlers". It's not the case with the overwhelming majority on either side though.
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 11:18:58 AM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote: Similarly there are probably some small

So your "handlers" would be...RNC and Fux news?
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 12:34:07 PM UTC-4, Bob_Villa wrote:

No, I don't have handlers, idiot.
On Thursday, May 15, 2014 4:12:42 PM UTC-5, trader_4 wrote:

Nice comeback!
On 5/15/2014 10:03 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

lol he's.... fiercely independent!

http://news.yahoo.com/nasa-spots-worrisome-antarctic-ice-sheet-melt-18382 2453.html

situation:

It's good to look for other forms of energy besides fossil fuels, but there are too many unknowns to say what effects various levels of CO2, methane, etc., have on climate change.
A good basic overview of all the various influences on climate change... https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/monitoring-references/faq/greenhouse-gases.php
An excerpt..... "The future monitoring of atmospheric processes involving water vapor will be critical to fully understand the feedbacks in the climate system leading to global climate change. As yet, though the basics of the hydrological cycle are fairly well understood, we have very little comprehension of the complexity of the feedback loops. Also, while we have good atmospheric measurements of other key greenhouse gases such as carbon dioxide and methane, we have poor measurements of global water vapor, so it is not certain by how much atmospheric concentrations have risen in recent decades or centuries..."
OK, now.... Here is my Top 10 list of other things that are worth spending about 2 seconds on....
1 - UFOs, space aliens, or $B trips to any astronomical body (*) 2 - Anything website with a stupid name 3 - Anyone associated with pro sports who makes over $250K/yr (*) 4 - Anti-gravity and time machines 5 - Any English- or French- speaking politicians 6 - Any late night TV show since Johnny Carson 7 - Anything the lovely wife says except "dinner's ready" 8-10 - For future use.
* Except Sandra Bullock.
Per trader_4:

"Looks like..." might be in the eyes of the beholder.
--
Pete Cresswell