OT: Global warming alarmists

https://www.prageru.com/courses/environmental-science/what-they-havent-told-you-about-climate-change#
On 9/25/2016 11:36 AM, James Wilkinson wrote:

Isn't funny that "global warming" is now called "climate change"?
Notice how it is promoted by those that want more government control.
State climatologist here several years ago was fired by the Dem governor when he said when Mother Nature comes, get out of her way.

Apparently some scientists made a mistake or miscalculation of some kind a long time ago and said global warming existed, the governments put loads of money into it, and can't back out.
--
Mother: "Why are you home from school so early?"
Son: "I was the only one who could answer my maths teacher's question."
On 9/25/16 12:21 PM, James Wilkinson wrote:

gave the global warming thing a kick start. Mann and Mark Steyn got into a good fight over it. http://www.steynonline.com/6555/michael-e-mann-repudiates-his-own-hockey-stick
On 9/25/16 8:52 PM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

Al Gore. He seems to have disappeared.
On 9/26/2016 10:11 AM, Dean Hoffman wrote:

I read his "Earth in the Balance". 1st chapter explains concern and rest of book is a leftist political polemic.
Per James Wilkinson:

Look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Prager
"Dennis Mark Prager (/'pre?g?r/; born August 2, 1948) is an American, conservative, nationally syndicated radio talk show host, columnist, author, and public speaker."
We all have limited input bandwidth - perhaps me more than most.
Do you really want to use up that bandwidth with opinions from the far right OR the far left?..... Considering it's limited nature, wouldn't it be more responsible to fill it with middle-of-the-road sources?
--
Pete Cresswell

I'm not far anything in ignoring alarmist nonsense.
--
English > German
Indicators ---- Die Blinkenleiten Tickentocken

Yes

How does one know if it's MOR and where to find it?
I like to listen to both sides and make up my own mind (what little I have left). The problem-as I see it-is that most people reinforce their pre- conceived opinions and nothing will change it. I find it amusing that a party spokesman will state something and it is parroted by the media almost word for word. Full disclosure-I like to steal a good idea myself. I respect others opinions; I just don't want to hear it repeated 25 times and for mine to be respected.
--
Tekkie

On Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 10:37:01 AM UTC-5, James Wilkinson wrote:

The same idiot who claims that Roundup herbicide is safe to drink.

You have failed to make a valid point. Try harder.
--
Bumper sticker: "Help! She's farted and I can't get out."

After serious thinking Davej wrote :

He probably saw it said 'For external use only' on the label, so he drinks it in his back yard.