OT "Gift cards cannot be used to buy gift cards".

OT, I think this is something we discussed here once.

I noticed two handmade signs at the customer service desk, a big one and a little one.

"Gift cards cannot be used to buy gift cards".

I haven't asked why. Afraid they won't know. Don't want to embarrass anyone.

Reply to
micky

Besides it's own gift cards, did that store also sell other gift cards? Many stores do today. If I was a merchant and I sold you a gift card, if I let you use it to buy other gift cards, you could then use it to buy any other gift card I sell. Then instead of the money being spent in my store, you could spend it anywhere. I'm sure the merchants are getting some small margin for selling gift cards, but it's not going to be the margin the merchant would get if you used it to buy a new drill. And that would seem to be the main purpose to using a gift card to buy another one, wouldn't it, ie to convert it to something else?

Reply to
trader4

micky,

Gift cards expire. This policy prevents you from resetting the expiration date.

Dave M.

Reply to
David L. Martel