OT Get ready the economy is about to tank:(

Page 2 of 3

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

I'm surprised that no one has blamed it on George Bush. *snicker*
TDD

Boy, do you suffer from chicken little syndrome! We're Americans, We'll deal with it... man up

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the

Yeah its no big problem:) Consider florida and the gulf coasts beaches closed for years, fishing industry shut down too, perhaps 10 to 20 years or more, oil is highly toxic. Tourism to the entire area hurt bad. The gulf stream is expected to carry the oil spill around all of florida, likely killing the florida keys coral reef and all the wildlife there. then up the east coast:( this isnt a area or regional disaster this is a world ecological and fiancial disaster..........
now take the already sucky US economy. Cant you see whats about to happen?
espically if it takes 3 months to stop the leak?
how about ALL the people who depend on fishing and tourism for a living. Not just the actual fishermen but the people who process pack and sell the fish. how about the beachfront hotels that will be vacant? restaurants closed. who wants to visit a stinky beach covered in oil residue?
do you think the USA can afford such costs, espically at this time?
In

The messiah will fix it as he has done with everything else
By increasing taxes on the rich.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I see a lot of jobs in the field of oil spill cleanup being created.
TDD
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Hey, I've been to the Louisiana beaches, many times over the last 20 years or so. Even before the hurricanes, they were dirty and nasty, and I saw few if any signs of real tourism. Just people bringing their kids from the first solid ground one parish in, on day trips, to 'see the Gulf'.
(I own property in Louisiana. I'm allowed to diss the place.)
--
aem sends...

I've been to the Alabama beaches too. Three weeks ago for SWMBO's birthday, AAMOF. Orange Beach and Dauphin Island are some of the most beautiful beaches around. From the maps they look like they're directly in the firing line.

Me too (Alabama). ;-)

I wasn't aware Louisiana HAD beaches.... ;-)
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Jim Yanik wrote:

Well, Katrina/Rita did make a lot of them go bye-bye for awhile (along with a couple of beach towns that flat disappeared), but the corps of engineers and mother nature have been replenishing them. I saw some aerial shots of beaches I have walked, right after the hurricanes. The waves were lapping up onto the marshes. Not really beaches as we usually think of them- more like a shallow ridge between the shallow mudflats and the marshes where the ducks live. In western LA, you can walk out straight from the shoreline far enough that it is hard to recognize people, and still only be chest-deep in water. It is beyond flat there.
--
aem sends...

The BP oil spill disaster is going to hurt so much of our economy, the

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?

Seriously. You haven't killfiled all of the above idiots yet? Really?
What, and miss all the amusement!!!

"Pride goeth beore a great fall"
Proverbs 16:18

Putz. PLONK!

Like I said, we're Americans, we'll pick ourselves up

.
at what costs, have you noticed our country is near bankrupt as is.
we dont need another drag on the economy
On Sun, 2 May 2010 19:45:19 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"
Yes. Our President has spent more money, going into the future than ALL previous presidents. Have you noticed?!

Defeat Barney Frank!! The Three Stooges: Nancy, Harry and Barry.
You did vote for Obama, right?
I will trade my ObamaCare for Park Place.
-- If you like ObamCare, you can have mine!

He's right;you saw awhile back how high gas prices drove up costs for much of our everyday usage items and affected peoples lives.
It seems the way we "deal with it" is to enact more laws and restrictions on the citizenry,instead of PRODUCING more energy ourselves.
and losing our freedom in the process.
Drill,drill,drill. and build more nukes,ASAP.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yup. And the first order of business should be to kick BP out of all US operations. One plant explosion in Houston, now this. They have the worse safety record in the business.
Let them drill/refine elsewhere, how about hmmmm... Britain?

Have they come up with any serious solutions? All I've heard is 1) send robots down to try the shutoff valve 2) drill at an angle, hope to get close to the oil bearing fissure that the original well tapped, and pump in concrete.
Wouldn't a humoungous load explosives at the surface close the gusher?