OT: Get out the vote

I got a call today from 855 area code. Here's the conversation:
Her: "Hello, I'm calling to make sure you vote for [Candidate] in District XXX...
Me: "Hold on, is [Candidate] a Democrat or a Republican?
(pause)
Her: "I don't know. The script doesn't say..."
On 10/26/2012 9:19 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Nice heybub story...
You do know that in the general election any voter can vote for the candidate of any party right and those voters who are the treasured ones whose votes candidates want the most?
George wrote:

In general, that's true. Except, of course, for the top of the ballot. Even then, one votes for a slate of electors - you can't pick and choose between them - even if you knew who they were.
Moving on to the "down-ballot" races, while it is possible to pick individuals, it's still amazing to me why anyone would, you know, actually WANT to do so (except, maybe, FOR a relative or AGAINST someone who's probably of Lithuanian descent or has an otherwise ethnic name - like Sean).

Pretty funny.
I was at a friend's nearby and a woman called, and I told her the my friend was out (he was in the bathroom). But she started asking questions anyhow. The 2nd or 3rd question was,
Do you support Tommy Thompson or Patty Baldwin?
Me: Those people are in Wisconsin and you called a number in Maryland.
Her: Do you support or not support Scott Walker.
And 2 or 3 more questions, which I answered and guess she tabulated, even though I live 700 miles away.

Anoher story:
4 or 5 years ago I started getting recorded calls from an elementary school on the far east side of town, even though I live on the west side. The first year it was only one call at the start of the school year and one at the end. The second year it was 3 or 4 total.
The next year the calls were from a middle school much closer to my house but still too far to be the one my kid would go to. They've called for 3 years about once a week now for something or other.
And yesterday I got a call urging me to vote for 3 county school board candidates, even though it's the NEXT county.
And I have no kids.

Hey, I can get behind that -- equal-opportunity junk call.