OT -- German language message, Texas style

*SPEAKING GERMAN IN TEXAS** *

In Texas there is a town called New Braunfels , where there is a large German-speaking population.

One day, a local rancher driving down a country road noticed a man using his hand to drink water from the rancher's stock pond.

The rancher rolled down the window and shouted: "Sehr angenehm! Trink das Wasser nicht. Die kuehe haben darein geschissen."

Which means: "Glad to meet you! Don't drink the water. The cows have shit in it."

The man shouted back: "I'm from New York and just down here campaigning for Obama. I can't understand you. Please speak in English."

The rancher replied:* "Drink with both hands." *

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Etch a Sketch doesn't have a chance.

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Beats teleprompter hands down.

Reply to
Frank

Current national polls for a general election held today: Teleprompter 50%, Etch 42%.

Reply to
Dimitrios Paskoudniakis

Don't believe the polls. Personally, I refuse to talk to pollsters.

Reply to
Frank

"Frank" wrote

It's pretty clear from the long, hard slog Mitt's had over these last few months that the Republican rank and file is almost in an "Anybody but Romney" mode. Look at all the flirtations they've had, from Perry to Cain to Gingrinch and now Santorum. If the economy continues to improve, the greatest weapon in the Republican arsenal will have been nullified, despite their numerous attempts to create crises that they can lay at Obama's feet. So far, he's making the Teflon Don, John Gotti look as sticky as flypaper in that regard.

FWIW, favorable polls can be damaging to a leading candidate because people who might have tried hard to get out to vote for him figure he's got it in the bag and don't vote. However, I think that modern polling techniques have come a long way and that they've been generally suprisingly accurate. The pollsters nowadays make sure to ask if the person they're polling actually intends to vote.

It's clearly the most exciting election we've had for a long, long time. I'm counting on Rush and the Birthers to do some serious damage to the Republicans while trying to get at Obama. So far, they've done wonders. For the Democrats. They'd do much better with a "tailor" candidate that could remove some of the lunatic fringe from the fabric of the Republican Party. Instead they go with people like Palin, as fringey as they get. I take that back. I forgot about Michele Bachmann, who's so far out there even her fellow Republicans don't take her seriously.

-- Bobby G.

Reply to
Robert Green

I doubt it. Hillary and Obama fought tooth and nail and it did not hurt Obama.

Funny that Limbaugh supported Romney in the last election but does not now. Figures someone more conservative could win.

Personally I think anyone can defeat Obama.

Reply to
Frank

Just watch, the republicans will nominate Santorum and then we'll all have to vote against him. Kind of like the last election, but even more idiotic.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

In fact it helped, if anything. The rough primary will certainly help the Republicans, after they kiss and make up.

He doesn't seem so anti-Romney right now; "So maybe the conservative alternative to Romney is Romney.".

Obama has defeated Obama. $5 gas will be the nail.

Reply to
krw