OT: George Zimmerman - Again

Page 4 of 5
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:06:21 -0700 (PDT), Evan

Nope. You really need to read these laws before you pop off there councilor.
776.032 Immunity from criminal prosecution and civil action for justifiable use of force.—
(1) A person who uses force as permitted in s. 776.012, s. 776.013, or s. 776.031 is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force,
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 12, 12:41 am, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Doh! That's a very good point. Maybe the HOA will be off the hook.
Add pictures here
✖

Lots of people are spouting ignorant cant about SYG laws.
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 18:06:21 -0700 (PDT), Evan

Until they can prove Zimmerman is not telling the truth, he simply killed an attacker who was threatening his life.
If this was not a political event, fired up by a lot of lies and half truths in the media, it would have ended on February 27th when the prosecutor said they did not have a case they could win. I still don't think they do but we will spend a several million bucks we don't have to spare to prove it. In a trial, we are going to hear a lot about Trayvon Martin and what a thief and troublemaker he was. (suspended from school for drugs, presumed stolen property and a burglary tool. Also suspended for vandalism with a paint can) That image of a 12 year old in the Hollister T shirt is going to give way to grown thug who was taller than Zimmerman and a lot closer to his weight than the 100 pounds widely reported early on.
We are going to see Zimmerman's medical records and they will use the police report that says he was beaten. The defense might be successful with a dismissal motion before they even have to present their case. I think the SA knows she is sitting on a loser but she still has to present it.
Add pictures here
✖
Observant. Sees things which may be crimes. Reports to proper agency. Sounds like a citizen, to me.

Yes, it shows a pattern of conduct consistent with a law abiding, decent human being.
Add pictures here
✖

For the record, I believe it was a non emergency police number that Z called, not 911
Add pictures here
✖
On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 17:46:00 -0700 (PDT), Evan

Well ... no.
These types of communities (my wife is a CAM at one bigger than Twin Lakes) have a master HOA that is responsible for the common grounds and a condo association or a co-op board for each multi family building. There is usually a separate HOA for the single family homes too. They are all separate corporations, incorporated under different Florida statutes. (720- HOA, 719- Co-op, 718-Condo,) They all have separate laws for limits of liability, HOA being the least inclusive. The suit would be against the master HOA since this happened on common ground and it will be their insurance that pays, if they lose. Even if the insurance would not cover the judgement, the only recourse would be against the assets of the master association, not the individual homeowners or the condo/co-op associations.
This is according to their lawyer.
I bet this question has come up at a lot of HOAs in the last couple weeks.
Add pictures here
✖
That speaks strongly towards aquittal.
We have Z saying that he was keeping an eye on M and we know that he was doing that from the police call tape. The dispatcher said "We don't need you to do that (follow) Z responded with "OK". Z says that he was headed back to his car when M then came up to him and asked "You have a problem?" Z says he said "No". And Z says at that point M said "You do now" and he punched him, knocking him down.
Now, if you have a reference that shows Z confronted M, I'm sure we'd all like to see it. Probably the prosecutor would too.
Add pictures here
✖

I addressed the above and the rest of your post in a seperate reply. But just after sending that reply I happened to hear Alan Dershowitz on the radio. He was on WABC 770, NYC on Geraldo Rivera's show discussing the case. Dershowitz is a well known Harvard Law School professor and champion of civil rights.
His take on the case is consistent with mine. He said from the evidence we know, the defense has the advantage and with a competent attorney he would expect acquital based on the law. With regard to what you have to prove, he specifically said the prosecution has a tough job. They have to prove a negative, that is that Z did not have a resonable fear for his life at the time. He said that is possible if there are other witnesses, videos, statements by Z, etc that we don't know ablut.
So much for the ridiculous claim that beyond a reasonable doubt does not apply and that Z has to to prove his innocence. If you don't believe me, perhaps the broadcast is available online.
Add pictures here
✖
On Thu, 12 Apr 2012 08:05:00 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net"

I don't think it's the same interview but... http://realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/04/12/alan_dershowitz_zimmerman_arrest_affidavit_irresponsible_and_unethical.html
"Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit "Irresponsible And Unethical"
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/9/2012 6:15 PM, Ron wrote:

The link maybe down. At this point I willing to let the system take it's course.
He's well represented. His lawyer is a bulldog. :)
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 9, 8:03 pm, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Refresh it.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/9/2012 7:11 PM, Ron wrote:

Nope. Must be my connection.
Add pictures here
✖
On Apr 9, 8:17 pm, gonjah <gonjah.net> wrote:

Yeah, it's down right now.
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Add pictures here
✖

It IS him. His atty's and a friend confirmed it.
Add pictures here
✖

BTW, that counter is off. It now days 54. Within an hour last night there were over 5,0000 hits.
Add pictures here
✖
gonjah wrote:

Or too many people rushing in to make a contribution.
Or, possibly, a DDOS attack.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/10/2012 6:30 AM, HeyBub wrote:

That site looks *very* suspicious to me.
I'll wait and send him a care package. He'll need ciggies soon for bartering.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/10/2012 6:36 AM, gonjah wrote:

My suspicions were wrong.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/04/george_zimmerman_launches_webs.html
Add pictures here
✖
Didn't OJ Simpson have a similar group or website?
He now has a website so his supporters can send him money.
http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com /
Add pictures here
✖